What's new

NFL 2002 Discussion Thread! (1 Viewer)

MichaelG

Second Unit
Way too early to predict, I like to wait until late August for my real predictions.

The Rams could be the same or worse, the Eagles could be better, and the Bucs could be way better with a coach that isn't too predictable with the offense. I see Pittsburgh being better this year, Denver as well, not sure about the rest. Tennessee could come back after just an off season, McNair was better than he had been, but the defense sucked for some reason.

Foodball food...
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Baby Back Ribs
Steamed Blue Crabs
Beer

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'll pick and choose:

1. If any team could win, it would be.....the Cincinnati Bengals. I know. I'm a pathetic case looking for more abuse.

2. NFC champs-St. Louis Rams AFC champs-Indianapolis is due.

4. First superstar to get injured: if Terrell Davis and Jamal Anderson are still playing, put 'em down now. Never fails.

6. Traditional Sunday meal would be the pizza they have at the place where I watch the games.

9. Worst team: Let's go with Carolina with Houston a close second.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Yes, the 49ers are the best! I can't wait to watch them pummel the Seahawks in their new stadium. And Larry, I think that ticket price average is artificially high, you must be adding in the club seat prices. Regular seating starts at $20 - best seats in the house can be had for $72. Not too bad. Check it out: http://seahawks.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=131

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, Rich Gannon just signed a 6 yr/$54 million deal with the Raiders. He might be able to put together a decent HT with that kind of income;)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Good for Gannon. I know its an overused cliche but he is truly one of the good guys in sports. The only person in KC that thought Elvis was a better QB was Gunther Cunningham and we ran the two of them out of town the next year. I swear everyone in KC was laughing when the Superbowl Chumps Ravens signed him to that enormous contract. I would liken it to the Jets signing O'Donnell, except most people knew O'Donnell sucked, while most people out there actually thought the Ravens made a good deal. :rolleyes:If you saw what he did with the Ravens for one year, imagine that for four years... It was hard.
Little NFL smack already starting. :)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I had a good laugh when I heard the Ravens had signed "Gervis" :) Gunther was a big mistake too. And to think we could have kept Gannon! Now Carl "My Ego's Bigger Than Yours" Peterson is in a pissing match with Tony Gonzalez's agent, and TG might wind up sitting out the season. Can KC do anything right?

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Charles, it sounds like you are a Chiefs fan too, or at least a team in the AFC West. So to answer your question,
Can KC do anything right?
Steve Bono, Trezelle Jenkins, Greg "the real deal" Hill, Percy Snow, Brett Perriman, Dan Williams, Chester McLazyGlockton, Lake Dawson... :D Feel free to add to that list.
It's rough, but I know how loyal Lamar Hunt is, remember the 80's? Whether the GM wins or loses he will never fire the person, its nice, but not cutthroat enough to keep up with these new blood owners like Schneider or Jones. If he fires Peterson we may end up with a serious dud and god knows how long we will keep that guy. Too long would be my guess. That said, Down With King Carl! GO CHIEFS!!!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
1. Bucs.
2. I like the Bucs in the NFC and Steelers for the AFC.
3. Dan Reeves.
4. Marshall Faulk.
5. $4.50?
6. Hot wings.
7. Harrington.
8. Jeremy Shockley.
9. Ravens. Don't ask why.
10. Redskins.
So who's starting the fantasy league? ;)

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
1. If you could pick any NFL team to win the 2002 Super Bowl, who would it be? Actual rosters and reality don't matter. I'm talking wish-fulfillment.
Patriots.....Patriots.....Patriots

It has to be kind of scary to play a team that believes in itself and won't quit, no matter what. I just hope that they have been able to maintain the team chemistry that they carried last season.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It's too early to make any real solid predictions one that I'm willing to make now is that the Pats will not win it all this year.

In fact don't be surprised if they end up like so many one-year wonders and don't even make the playoffs this year.

MikeM

Screenwriter
The Chiefs? My god, it's funny to hear people posting about how bad Elvis was for Baltimore, when Trent Green was an even bigger bust for KC. Trust me, I rolled the dice and drafted Green and Alexander from KC, and by week 8 they were dumped. :angry: I predict that they will be in last place.
Since I started with KC, I'll focus on the two teams that will be dangerous in the AFC West:
I think Denver is going to be tough this year. Any team with Shannon Sharpe wins. That guy has the biggest mouth in the NFL (both figuratively and literally), but he can back it up. Great coaching, solid and balanced team...they are a scary team to play.
Oakland, is obviously my favorite team of the bunch, but there are a lot of question marks. Coaching? Replacements for retired players like Woz, Thomas, Eric Allen, etc? Plus, last year, an 80 year old grandma could have picked up at least 4 yards per carry against them on the ground. They're still the team to beat in the West, but there are a lot of variables that could make them a mediocre team.
Should be another fun year! I think I need a bigger TV....

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I had to resurrect this thread because I was right!
In fact don't be surprised if they (Patriots)end up like so many one-year wonders and don't even make the playoffs this year.
Of course I don't want to tell you how many times I was wrong when talking about the NFL this season. :b

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Like I also wrote, I won't tell you how many times I was wrong.

I'll just leave it at this, if it were a crime to be wrong I'd be looking at twenty to life.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, I was right in my prediction (not in this thread) about my Ravens going 7-9. However the fact that they hovered around .500 without the best player in football for 11 games is mighty encouraging. League, look out for Hartwell, Lewis and Boulware and the rest of the 16-0 Ravens in '03!!!! Hey, a guy can dream.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks