Nextel and downloads

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Hugh Jackes, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    Can anyone suggest a website for ringtone and wallpaper downloads for Nextel phones other than www.nextel.com?

Specifically, I am looking for the guitar riff from one of my late son's favorite songs (George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone") as my ringtone.

Please keep in mind that I am a technical idiot. If the site and the process involve weird cables and transfers from my computer to my phone, it may be way to hard for me. I am looking for simple wireless downloads.

Can you help a fella out? Thanks in advance.

2. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

I don't do ringtones myself, so I have NO idea how the process works. But, with that said...a quick search turned up this:

http://www.nextpimp.com/rsearch.php?textfield=bone

Enter "bad to the bone" (without quotes) into the search box on that page, and it'll bring up two different choices, which appear to be designed for a Nextel I730. (The second one is better, IMO.)

Don't know if it'll help or not. Good luck!

3. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    Thanks Linda,

I actually did find that one myself yesterday, but it seemed that that site was one of the ones that required that cable thingie. "Cable thingie" is one of those tech terms that intimidate me.

:wink:

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

try www.3gupload.com

they have a one time yearly fee, instead of per ring-tone. it's pretty cheap and they have a huge selection. i was using them quite a bit until verizon changed something that screwed me up ... but it wasn't 3g's fault.