What's new

Next year's 2008 Time-Life release??? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

Last year, Time Life released a great DVD set to Get Smart. This year is Man From Uncle. What do you think they could release next year? Girl From Uncle! Any ideas?

JamesSmith

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Assuming they will avoid black and white shows like the plague, let's consider only color or predominantly color shows. It can't have too big of a run, like a Bonanza or something with that many episodes. So, maybe something in the low to mid-hundreds in episode count. Just off the top of my head, a show that comes to mind that would fit would be Eight is Enough. 112 shows, all color, never been released. I would say Room 222 but that's a Fox show and I don't know if TL would be able to get it. Although that would also make a great set for them. But I'm assuming they are going to stay in the Time Warner family. So if they do another full series next year, my prediction is Eight is Enough will be the show.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
And if they aren't completely allergic to black & white shows, and wanted to dip their toe into that pool, I'd guess MAVERICK, based on the still somewhat enduring popularity of James Garner and (in the later episodes) Roger Moore, as well as its manageable 5-season run.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Still keeping fingers crossed for Batman. Maybe Time Life can twist Warner's arm on this, as it fits in with their 60s adventure/humor theme of Get Smart and UNCLE.

Like Batman, Smart and UNCLE were both shows whose time on DVD was long overdue.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Batman makes sense since it has a cult base used to snatching up various DVDs. They can get quick buzz for it to sell the necessary numbers. People are itching for Batman - they want high quality transfers.

While Eight is Enough has a following, are they eager to buy? Look at what happened to the Odd Couple.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

They can twist Warner's arm all they want, but Warner couldn't license it right now if they wanted to. No one can.

exliontamer

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Why not I Spy: The Complete Series? That'd be an ideal fit with the Get Smart and Man from U.N.C.L.E. sets.

Sure, Image has released this show already, but it'd be a whole different ballgame with remastered picture and audio; commentaries from Robert Culp, Bill Cosby, Michael Preece, and others; and more potential features -- the '90s reunion movie, say, or even a decent print of Hickey & Boggs. The possibilites are endless.

I'm dreaming, I know, but I couldn't resist.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member

There is always The Dark Knight the movie coming out next year.

Who knows.

Where is Gord or David ?

:D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Is Paul Brownstein involved with UNCLE? The reason I ask is that he's known to be currently working on a Perry Mason project. (Per an interview he gave earlier this year on internet radio.) The time period would be right (1960s) and it is a show that has a devoted following even though it is not in color. The argument against this being the show is that CBS/Paramount has already started releasing the individual seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks