What's new

Next year looking good! (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Man, next year is really looking amazingly good for big action movies at the theatres. A few I can think of..
ROTK
Both Matrix movies
Sequel to X-Men
Daredevil
New Terminator
Can anyone think of any others? I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Can't say that I'm anxious for any of those films.
However, I am really looking forward to the Coen Brother's next film Intolerable Cruelty due in October of 2003.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
ROTK
Both Matrix movies
Sequel to X-Men
I'd like to see these. Daredevil and Terminator don't look good to me. I need to see more about Hulk before I start feeling one way or the other.

I'm also looking forward to Peter Weir's Master & Commander with Russell Crowe, and Tarantino's Kill Bill.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I can't wait to finally see Phone Booth, should be an excellent thriller.

Kill Bill is number one on anticipation list.

Yes, Dreamcatcher, THAT is how you gotta make a trailer, well the first of the two anyway.

Daredevil too.

Also would like to see a couple of indies, Laurel Canyon and Cronenberg's Spider.

Regarding sequels, I'd love to see both Matrix ones, T3, X2, Bad Boys II, Final Destination 2 and The Whole Ten Yards.

But don't want anything to do with Fast & The Furious 2, Legally Blonde 2, Jeepers Creepers 2, Scary Movie 3, and any Harry Potter movie.

Resident Evil: Nemesis as well, but that'll probably be 2004.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Alas, if we were only living in a parallel universe in which we could look forward to Terry Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote...
*sigh* :frowning:

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Alas, if we were only living in a parallel universe in which we could look forward to Terry Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote...
Well, maybe the feature-length documentary (can't remember its title at the moment) on the making/un-making of Quixote coming out next year will help ease the pain.

Declan

Second Unit
Bad Boys 2 looks like a total blast, but after seeing the trailer for T3, I am a little bit apprehensive as it kinda looks TV-ish.........wont stop me from being head of the queue on opening night though:D

Chris Clark

Agent
I agree with JohnE, but when I looked at the upcoming films, it looks like there's something for everyone in 2003.

I'm there on opening day:
Kill Bill, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Matrix films
X2

I'll give them a shot:
A Man Apart, Anger Management, Bulletproof Monk, Daredevil, Dark Blue, Dreamcatcher, Fast & the Furious 2, Final Destination 2: Die Harder, Hero, The Hulk, The Hunted, Identity, Intolerable Cruelty, Jersey Girl, Master & Commander, Max, Mindhunters, Neverland, Old School, Phone Booth, The Recruit, Ripley's Game, Shanghai Knights, Tears of the Sun, Willard, Wonderland

Sounded Good Until I Saw The Trailer:
Biker Boyz, T3

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Kill Bill is way up there for me. THe trailer looked cool as hell. Dreamcatcher also is looking pretty good.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Also,
Once Upon A Time in Mexico
Timeline
Spy Kids 3 (A good year to be a Rodriguez fan, if this is still happening)
Seabiscuit
Secondhand Lions
Peter Pan

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
DREAMCATCHER is by far my most anticipated as the book is one of King's best, Morgan Freeman and Tom Sizemore are two of my favorite actors, and the film's trailer looks spectacular, and shows that they probably did the novel justice!
I am also looking forward to:
UNDERWORLD- my second most anticipated.
THE CORE
DARKNESS
FREDDY VS. JASON
CABIN FEVER
JEEPERS CREEPERS 2
FINAL DESTINATION 2
PHONE BOOTH
THE HULK
MAY
THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
My most anticipated films are:
Lord of the Rings: The Return of Elvis
Lost In La Mancha (the Terry Gilliam documentary I mentioned a few posts up)
Intolerable Cruelty
Spun (Requiem For a Dream for 2003, with speed in place of heroin)
Kill Bill
And the rest in alphabetical order...
Anger Management (Sandler and Nicholson together...an odd couple to be sure), Bruce Almighty (Jim Carrey + Morgan Freeman = funny), Bubba Ho-Tep (anything for Bruce Campbell, plus it has a great plot), Buffalo Soldiers (dark army tale with Ed Harris and Joaquin Phoenix), Charlie's Angels Part Deux, Cold Mountain, Dark Blue (Ron Shelton police drama with Kurt Russell and Ving Rhames), Daredevil, Down With Love (Ewan McGregor trying his hand at romatic comedy), Dreamcatcher, The Duplex (DeVito directs Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (latest from Charlie Kaufman's pen, with Jim Carrey starring), Garage Days (Aussie version of Almost Famous, directed by Alex Proyas), The Hulk, Jersey Girl, The Kelly Gang (retelling of Ned Kelly saga with Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush, Rachel Griffiths, Naomi Watts and Legolas), The Last Samurai (newest Tom Crooze entry), The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Master and Commander, Matchstick Men (Ridley Scott's latest, with Nicolas Cage), Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions, Mystic River (Clint Eastwood's latest, with Sean Penn leading an impressive cast), Old School, Once Upon a Time In Mexico, The Recruit, Spider (new Cronenberg...woo-hoo!!!), Spy Kids 3, Terminator 3, Wonderland, X2
EDIT: One more...if the IMDb is to be trusted, we'll also see the newest film from Tim Burton this year: Big Fish. The story sounds great, and the cast is even better (Albert Finney, Ewan McGregor, Billy Crudup, Steve Buscemi, Jessica Lange, many more).

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
the matrix sequels, and intolerable cruelty. however, i dont like george clooney AT ALL, so i'm getting sick of the coen brothers casting him, however infrequently they do it.

CJ

Guy_K

Second Unit
I'm really looking forward to the new Tim Burton, Anthony Minghella, and PIXAR films.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Looking forward to Gods and Generals, Cold Mountain, X-Men 2, The Hulk, Kill Bill, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and Intolerable Cruelty. Also, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Just finished reading the first series and found it quite entertaining. I'm curious to see if they'll change how the Invisible Man is introduced! One adaptation I won't be seeing is Dreamcatcher. Couldn't even finish the godawful book. King needs to hang it up before he repeats himself to death. Dumb and Dumberer? Is this what film comedy has come to? :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks