What's new

Next Vin Diesel Movie - The Pacifier (1 Viewer)

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
Today at "National Treasure" I saw the preview for the next Vin Diesel "Comedy" called "The Pacifier" coming out next spring.

IMDB has the following synopsis:

The preview of Vin's tough Navy Seal character reminded me of Arnolds in "Kindergarten Cop" and looked pretty funny with action.

Big character change for Vin; do you think he'll be able to pull this one off ?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The crowd was howling at the end of the preview where Vin was driving a van pretty crazy-like, and swings the van into a parking spot on the street for the school, and one of the children stumbles out of the van, going straight for the ground, mumbling "Land!"

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Had the same experience at my theatre that Patrick did. Lots of laughter from the trailer, especially the end. Could have some funny moments but Kindergarten Cop did come to mind right away.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Vin Diesel as a child protector? The mind boggles! I hope it's as funny as the trailer you are all describing!

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Same thing at the theater I was at, everyone was laughing hard. It's good to see Vin doing a comedy; I'm sure it will be good.

Kami

Screenwriter
Just watched the trailer, it looks hilarious. :D

Laughed my ass off at the part about the Elves laying down a suppressive fire on the Gnomes. :laugh:

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
LLLLLAAAANNNNNDDD.... Ok I was laughing pretty good on this one.......

I may have to see it as a matinee....

R~

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
....Hmm...Disney & Diesel eh?

I have to agree that Vinnie's 15 are up....although he might be able to pull off comedy from the "straight man" side, he already has a deadpan acting ability.:D

Hey it worked for Arnold but then again it worked for Arnold because he actually does have some personal charm and for the most part in his comedic turns he was parodying his own action persona that he built up over the years...Diesel hasn't been in the game long enough to have a recognizable persona to parody.

...it's nice to see that Faith Ford still has a nice hinder though.;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Indeed, shakespeare can only be next in Vinnie's oeuvre.

.......eh..is that a flying pig?

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator

no, Im going to have to agree with him being a great actor. That "live my life a 1/4 mile at a time" speech in the criticaly acclaimed "The Fast and the Furious" shows an emotional depth that most actors can only hope to achieve. Every time I hear it I also feel free.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I saw the preview for this before National Treasure and I laughed. It looks like a fresh change of pace from the action movies Vin has done.

I agree that Vin is a good actor. He's no Anthony Hopkins or Sean Penn, but put him in the right role and he's very good.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I think he's a great actor but this movie worries me. I saw the trailer during National Treasure also, and was dissapointed by that one. Like I said in the discussion thread, Cage isn't a PG movie guy, and I don't think Vin is either. I may stay away from this as to not ruin my tough guy image of him.

Funny, maybe ... but the scenes just seemed forced and rather dumb to be to be honest, he's better off blowing people up than raising kids as an army commander.

Oh and what was the reason why he was protecting them anyways? I didn't catch that part.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks