What's new

Next Sony/TCM release: Joan Crawford - in the Fifties 11/5/12 (1 Viewer)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The next TCM/Sony release is up on the TCM site; 4 Joan Crawford films from the 50s.
http://shop.tcm.com/joan-crawford-in-the-fifties-dvd/detail.php?p=378230&v=

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Nice to finally get Autumn Leaves, Harriet Craig and Story Of Esther Costello on DVD though I wish the previously released Queen Bee had been replaced by They All Kissed The Bride and they could have called the set JOAN CRAWFORD AT COLUMBIA rather than JOAN CRAWFORD IN THE FIFTIES.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I could have sworn that I already had Harriet Craig on DVD, but a quick check on the shelves proves that I don't. Maybe I made a DVD-R of itand have stored it somewhere else..

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Another good Sony TCM set. AUTUMN LEAVES is a gem, with one of Crawford's best performances, a sensitive early turn by Cliff Robertson--and a scene with a typewriter that's very Robert Aldrich, in a movie that's otherwise quite different.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Thomas T said:
I wish the previously released Queen Bee had been replaced by They All Kissed The Bride and they could have called the set JOAN CRAWFORD AT COLUMBIA rather than JOAN CRAWFORD IN THE FIFTIES.
That would have made too much sense!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Yeah, not sure why Queen Bee had to be included--the DVD is not even OOP! Maybe it includes a superior transfer, as the original DVD was below the quality standard set by current Sony discs.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Bob Cashill said:
Another good Sony TCM set. AUTUMN LEAVES is a gem, with one of Crawford's best performances, a sensitive early turn by Cliff Robertson--and a scene with a typewriter that's very Robert Aldrich, in a movie that's otherwise quite different.
In the days of VHS I recorded the film off TV and ran that typewriter moment frame by frame to see how they did it. By cutting two bits of film together of course

crawfordfan

Auditioning
Real Name
mike o'regan
I got this set yesterday and I'm having problems with playback of Autumn Leaves. It works just fine up till around 1hr 22mins when it freezes. I can get past it by fiddling about with the FF or move on to the next "chapter" and return by rewinding to the point at which it freezes.
It's a nuisance though.
Is anyone else having any problems with this disc?

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Mine played fine . Maybe just a bad disc . They are usually pretty good about replacements .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks