Next Oddworld game

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Feb 20, 2003.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php

NEW ODDWORLD GAME REVEALED

Oddworld Inhabitants breaks silence to release first details on follow-up to Munch's Oddysee

15:30 The last time we dipped into the surreal realm of Oddworld was for Xbox launch title Munch's Oddysee, a compelling, technically impressive adventure that was exclusive to Microsoft's system.
    All has been markedly quiet on the Oddworld front since then, but now developer Oddworld Inhabitants has broken the silence to speak for the first time on a new addition to the universe.

"The new game will blow away anything that came before it," writes programmer Mark Lee, in a post on the developer's forums. "It's still full of the quirky OW sense of humour but at the same time a bit of a departure story-wise from previous games. We have a killer team working on this game and it's coming together pretty fast. I am working on the animation/rendering systems at the moment - the characters in the next game will look a lot more alive."

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

[​IMG] My wife will be thrilled. Munch's Oddysee was a howl.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

So no Munch's Exoddus? Sounds like this game is a ways off... I was hoping for more Oddworld in the near future. But, it does sound interesting-can't wait to hear more.

4. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Hopefully it's better than Munch's little Xbox game. That's the 1st Oddworld game I shut off before finishing, out of boredom.

5. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

I'm with you Derrik--after immensely enjoying the Prince of Persia rips of the first two chapters, Munch's was sorely lacking across the board.

Just don't tell Tom Fudold that...right Tom?

[​IMG]

6. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

Wow, a direct shot at me [​IMG] haha.

Yes, yes, I have expressed enjoyment in that game. But in my defense, I was off work for 3 months last summer, and that game got me through some rather depressing times while looking for a new job. I guess maybe that's why I liked it so much :b

It made me laugh at times, and the music was very upbeat and comical. I think Eric has something against Lorne Lanning as well... having sat through many interviews with him getting promises about the game that never made it in.

Either way, it was pretty fun for me at the time... mind you, I no longer own it, it was sold soon after... so there [​IMG]

T.

7. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Well I liked it & I'm looking forward to the next one as well.