What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (1 Viewer)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I liked the Filmation Batman series as well. I wonder if we are just going to get the cartoons only or if they will include the original theme songs as well.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
While i didn't want to think this, but i get the feeling WB's Super Friends releases last year might not be counted as "HB" releases. Which would make me rethink that WHV's plan is one per year, as 2012 brought a laff-a-lympics relaunch, 2013 brought a Tom and Jerry Kids season and now 2014 is bringing a Flintstone Kids volume. This of course would stretch out the line muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch longer, but i hope maybe this assertion is wrong.

But i'm guessing now it's time for the remnats of the DC shows to get an on-phase much like the higher liked WB Animation ones had. And that they'll be switching up what's the 'In' and what's the one or two a year thing. This would make a lot of sense planning wise.

However on a note isn't the "Superboy" shorts of this time still one of WB's right's problems? This bodes well for similar problems if it seems the faith at WHV is back up from what it was for several years past.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Great news about the Filmation Adventures of Batman and the remainder of the Filmation New Adventures of Superman. Despite all the problems in the world, this is the kind of thing that makes me appreciate that I am living in the golden age of home entertainment. As for the Filmation Superboy, my understanding is that the rights issues were cleared up prior to the releases of the live action Superboy series. As well, at that Reddit chat, George Feltenstein indicated that WHV was committed to releasing the remainder of the Filmation superhero shows which would include Superboy. I imagine that we'll see it by 2015.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Greg Chenoweth said:
l wonder if we are just going to get the cartoons only or if they will include the original theme songs as well.
The previous releases didn't have the "Superman/Aquaman hour of Adventure"Theme, and i'm I assuming the "Batman/Superman hour" won't be on these sets.It would be great if some bumpers make it, I will be surprised if they do.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
JoeDoakes said:
Great news about the Filmation Adventures of Batman and the remainder of the Filmation New Adventures of Superman. Despite all the problems in the world, this is the kind of thing that makes me appreciate that I am living in the golden age of home entertainment. As for the Filmation Superboy, my understanding is that the rights issues were cleared up prior to the releases of the live action Superboy series. As well, at that Reddit chat, George Feltenstein indicated that WHV was committed to releasing the remainder of the Filmation superhero shows which would include Superboy. I imagine that we'll see it by 2015.
Yeah exactly, it's good to see progress be made on things that were once in limbo, and adds more fuel to the fire that these releases come out not long following the other DC double dip filmation set. I hope they do finish out this run of shows soon enough.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Well, I for one am ecstatic about the second part of Marine Boy coming out. It should be one more to complete the series.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
We are in a drought for a Hanna Barbera release now. We got a bunch in row late last year and now nothing for awhile so this leads me to believe they do prepare several titles at the same time so we will probably get several in a row later this year.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Greg Chenoweth said:
And then on February 18th, Warner Archive is releasing on bluray BEWARE THE BATMAN Season 1 Volume 1. Go figure.
Moreso since there won't be a Season 2 or even a Volume 2 of season 1!

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
It has been a while, but if they do plan on doing a batch or releases in a short amount of time as they did with the last 3 releases, then i'm not that bothered by not having them more spread out.Of course another reason could also be similar to Space Stars in that one of the current projects just requires more time on. Which if that's the case it's even more worth it if we have to go a little slower. Just as long as they keep several coming out a year, it's still at least fair.

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III
Just came across a caption on Wikipedia that on August 12, 2014, Warner Home Video will release the complete series of H-B's 1975 Tom & Jerry Show on DVD in Region 1 for the very first time. Probably a rumor, since Wiki isn't exactly counted upon as a 100% reliable source of DVD releases...nonetheless, I'm keeping set my laptop for a while for further details!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Aaron Handy III said:
Just came across a caption on Wikipedia that on August 12, 2014, Warner Home Video will release the complete series of H-B's 1975 Tom & Jerry Show on DVD in Region 1 for the very first time. Probably a rumor, since Wiki isn't exactly counted upon as a 100% reliable source of DVD releases...nonetheless, I'm keeping set my laptop for a while for further details!
Is that the one that was doubled with Grape Ape?

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Whew, I thought they'd dropped the Marine Boy releases it's been solong since the last one!

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Aaron Handy III said:
They are starting to announce June releases now so August release announcements will come shortly. Let's keep our fingers crossed, Aaron.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Stuff like that has shown up randomly on Wikipedia before and turned out to be just someone trolling, so I wouldn't necessarily take it too seriously. However, if the sample on the 1970s Vol. 2 set is any indication, they seem to have very nice elements on T&J/GA, so they probably didn't have to do a lot of work on them. I'd be happy if this turns out to be true. I'd be even happier if they start releasing a few 1960s shows too...

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
derosa said:
The previous releases didn't have the "Superman/Aquaman hour of Adventure"Theme, and i'm I assuming the "Batman/Superman hour" won't be on these sets.It would be great if some bumpers make it, I will be surprised if they do.
I 've wanted those bumpers as well.Jthree

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone know if any work has been done on the re-release of the Filmation Super Heroes discs? They were released as a 2-disc set a few years back, and now are coming out as two single discs. The episodes themselves looked good last time, but the character intros did not. In fact, the intro to each show looked really, really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks