What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by derosa
I can't believe it's another not double-dip, not triple, what are we up to now? quadruple?, quintuple-dip?
on these same Scooby episodes! How about some more unreleased ones? pretty please!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Doo-4-budget-priced-DVDs/15486

how about it?
I hear you on the double dipping. I would be more happy if the remaining episodes would be released. I have scooby-doo on dvd, except for the movies. I like the movies, but the set was not complete and was not worth the price for only a few of the movies.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I understand your frustration but WHV has to do this to keep the episodes in front of the public. I wish Huckleberry Hound had this problem, or even the Flintstones.

Originally Posted by derosa
I can't believe it's another not double-dip, not triple, what are we up to now? quadruple?, quintuple-dip?
on these same Scooby episodes! How about some more unreleased ones? pretty please!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Doo-4-budget-priced-DVDs/15486

how about it?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth
I understand your frustration but WHV has to do this to keep the episodes in front of the public. I wish Huckleberry Hound had this problem, or even the Flintstones.
I am not sure WHV has a real plan on what they are going to release. I think they want sales to continue so they are pushing smaller volumes to entice the impulse buyer at the checkout that only wants a few episodes and not the whole series. This approach is being used for miami vice, magum PI and the A-team.

I am more concern with dribs/drobes of releases this year. Yes, in most cases there is about 1-2 per month, but they are some releases that i do not care about. I would have love to see a product road map on what they are planning to release then it would give me some comfort on what is going to come out. I have interest in the following unreleased series

1. Herculoids (June 14)
2. New Adventures of Gilligan
3. Sealab 2020
4. Banana Splits
5. Skatebirds

The other ones i like have license issues, like Jeannie or Partridge 2200. There are other shows part of Krofft along Emergency +4 that i would like see released, but they are not part of the WHV.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
The Scooby Doo Movies set was more than a few episodes. I bought it upon release because it was clear that - that was all there was going to be and the content that was included was worth it.

There were obviously rights issues with some of those episodes, but certainly not the missing later 70s episodes. It annoyed me those sets were released and then again - a "complete" set that only included the "where are you" episodes. For me the run from 69 to 79 is the classic era and it should have been better represented.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Albert_M
The Scooby Doo Movies set was more than a few episodes. I bought it upon release because it was clear that - that was all there was going to be and the content that was included was worth it.

There were obviously rights issues with some of those episodes, but certainly not the missing later 70s episodes. It annoyed me those sets were released and then again - a "complete" set that only included the "where are you" episodes. For me the run from 69 to 79 is the classic era and it should have been better represented.
Hey Albert,

I appreciate your comments, but it does no change my point about the scooby-doo movies. I do not like to buy sets that are not complete and not for the money they wanted for the set. I like the scooby-doo movies, but there are many that i like that are not on the set. I am more concern about the remaining episodes from scooby-doo allstars that have not been released.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Albert_M

I'd agree that the New Movies set is well worth picking up,
and it's often a very discounted price on Amazon.
The hour format moves a little slow, but I actually enjoy
the variety of pace, it's interesting how ScoobyDoo varied
over the years, the later shorts go by real quick!

I watched the missing movie episodes on YouTube.
Agree again on the 'classic' era, that's from my saturday am days,
I really want the '77-79 stuff released, and the rest of Laff-a-lympics.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
"The Best of the New Scooby Doo Movies" is very pricey. I bought it because I enjoy the episodes, BUT one of the bonus features is the Hanna-Barbera Kennel Club roasting the Great Dane and it is hosted by Huckleberry Hound. I really bought it for that reason.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
"The Best of the New Scooby Doo Movies" is very pricey.
Many of the complete series HB titles are sometime in the $20 range at amazon.com
when they have to big sales. Those who don't own some of them should keep
an eye on it if they're interested in them. I bought most of them on the release
day, but i still think they're worth if for shows you love, nostalgia memories and
such. Everyone has to calculate the value for themselves.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by younger1968
There are other shows part of Krofft along Emergency +4 that i would like see released, but they are not part of the WHV.

Emergency + 4. What a show! Saw the theme on youtube yesterday. Boy! Was that the seventies. It would be nice if that could come out on DVD.

James

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
But again, if HB's sets have been season sets, except for the Movies, which seems to me to say that they ain't going to release the other episodes. It's worth getting for cheap. We all here collect what we enjoy, but I would rather have that than nothing - I say that with my favorite of the movies not included.

I would also like the post movies 70s episodes separate from other shows that are not Scooby Doo, but I bought them because I don't expect them released any other way (except random episodes possibly).

There was one later 70s episode that was included in an early 2000s single dvd, but not included in the appropriate season set.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I completed watching valley of dinosaurs and there is some issues with the dvd on a few of the epsiode, but overall it is very good. I love Mile Road's voice as i remember him from jonny quest and the herculoids. The only disappointment with this show is that the episode were not a continuance and/or the family was able to escape the valley. There are comments like i think i have found the way out, but then nothing happens on future episodes. This was similiar to when i watched the return to the planet of apes and they were in the balloon coming back with the book and the episode ending without conclusion. I realize that the planet of apes was cancel in fairness.

I am a huge HB fan and will continue to shop for bargains. I am waiting for the Herculoids to come available as it was one of my favourites as kid. I think i remember it when it was in syndication. I like to see sealab 2020 and new adventures of gilligan come out next.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Just to let you know that Amazon.com has a pre-order up for the Herculoids. They say it will be available on July 29th. Here is the link for the pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Herculoids-Complete/dp/B00553KAK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307893997&sr=1-1

Originally Posted by younger1968
I completed watching valley of dinosaurs and there is some issues with the dvd on a few of the epsiode, but overall it is very good. I love Mile Road's voice as i remember him from jonny quest and the herculoids. The only disappointment with this show is that the episode were not a continuance and/or the family was able to escape the valley. There are comments like i think i have found the way out, but then nothing happens on future episodes. This was similiar to when i watched the return to the planet of apes and they were in the balloon coming back with the book and the episode ending without conclusion. I realize that the planet of apes was cancel in fairness.

I am a huge HB fan and will continue to shop for bargains. I am waiting for the Herculoids to come available as it was one of my favourites as kid. I think i remember it when it was in syndication. I like to see sealab 2020 and new adventures of gilligan come out next.

jonnyuest9999

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Just to let you know that Amazon.com has a pre-order up for the Herculoids. They say it will be available on July 29th. Here is the link for the pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Herculoids-Complete/dp/B00553KAK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307893997&sr=1-1

On a similar note, I've recently noticed that Amazon.ca has put some Hanna-Barbera MOD titles, Thundarr, Young Samson to name a few. It might be interesting for Canadian fans of Hanna-Barbera. I'd say there's a 2 month-delay vs the Warner site in release date and a slight difference in price (around 15% since the shipping is free for order over 25$). Not that bad.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young

Thanks for the posting!

I will continue to watch amazon.ca to when they plan to release the set. I am in no hurry as my budget for jun/jul has been spent/committed. I think with the herculoids then i should have all the sents that include mike road. I think he was part of space ghost, jonny quest, herculoids and valley of the dinosaurs. I am just waiting now to hear when gilligan, sealab are going to be released. There may be few other sets i am interested in as well.

jonnyuest9999

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
I've just placed my order for Herculoids on Amazon.ca, it's 27,49 and will be released on July 29. Quite a good price, even lower than on the Warner site. Shipping is free.
No, I'm not working for them ; )

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by jonnyuest9999
I've just placed my order for Herculoids on Amazon.ca, it's 27,49 and will be released on July 29. Quite a good price, even lower than on the Warner site. Shipping is free.
No, I'm not working for them ; )
i have ordered my copy as well. I am so glad that amazon.ca is offering the WBA now as it was getting expensive to purchased them from deep discount. I am hoping that the adventures of gilligan, sealab 2020, Wait till your father gets home S2, etc are released next. Nothing beats classic 1970s cartoons!!

jonnyuest9999

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
younger1968 said:
i have ordered my copy as well. I am so glad that amazon.ca is offering the WBA now as it was getting expensive to purchased them from deep discount. I am hoping that the adventures of gilligan, sealab 2020, Wait till your father gets home S2, etc are released next. Nothing beats classic 1970s cartoons!!  
Yes...classic 1960s cartoons. ; )

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
The Herculoids has arrived and I am very pleased to say that the episode menu list the episode name. Hopefully WB will make this standard in all future releases. It is a basic menu but it is more than adequate. Thank you WB.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by dhammer
The Herculoids has arrived and I am very pleased to say that the episode menu list the episode name. Hopefully WB will make this standard in all future releases. It is a basic menu but it is more than adequate. Thank you WB.
How do the episodes look? Do they look like they have been remastered?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks