What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (3 Viewers)

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
On Scooby-Doo BR I do see occasional DVNR destruction of lines and small detail. It's not a highly animated show so the effect is limited. Overall it looks okay, but not a stellar effort by WHV, especially for the price.
Especially since Scooby as their major retail franchise for characters.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

When watching the end credits, the Screen Gems in-credit logo remains intact (unlike the DVD release), but fades out before we see the customized "This Has Been an ABC Television Network Presentation" end cap.

~Ben

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
So you prefer your cartoons to look over processed and to have all the detail smeared away? That's your preference I guess. I prefer them to look like they originally did, but in HD.

I guess that means you'd prefer that WHV handled Jonny Quest and The Jetsons and make them look the same.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Looking at that example, I'd be more inclined to say look how much better the blu-ray looks compared to the Amazon stream.

I don't think it looks bad at all. It doesn't look as good as Johnny Quest on Blu, but still has great picture quality.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I just found out that when Motormouse and Autocat was spun off as its own half-hour series for the 1970-71 season, in addition to the 17 episodes (two per week, meaning 34 total segments) that were part of its 1969-70 run on Cattanooga Cats, there were eight new episodes produced for 1970 (16 new Motormouse and Autocat stories and eight new It's the Wolf! stories).

So, the burning question: if Cattanooga Cats is ever released on DVD, would it be...?
a. the complete 1-hour series from 1969?
b. the 1970 half-hour cutdown with Around the World in 79 Days also included?

Would Motormouse and Autocat sell better on DVD by itself, considering there were eight new half-hours when spun off for 1970?

~Ben

First question: Do they still exist?

Their past record suggests even if they have them, they probably will not release them (see Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt). I'd love to be wrong about this.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island is now on iTunes and Amazon in HD.
https://www.amazon.com/Scooby-Doo-Zombie-Island-Scott-Innes/dp/B019CVBHPO/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/scooby-doo-on-zombie-island/id279599294

Hopefully they're considering a Blu-ray, but with the fact that they ditched the Blu-rays for DTV Scooby movies, sadly I'm not very confident. I will also note that I have not yet bought it, but I assume it is genuine HD as WHV doesn't tend to upscale things for fake digital HD releases.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I hope that at least one of the following will be released thru Warner Archive in 2020:
Touche Turtle and Dum-Dum (1962-63)
The Adventures of Gulliver (1968)
The Cattanooga Cats (1969)
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (CBS) (1972-73)
These Are the Days (1974-75)
The Mumbly Cartoon Show (1976)
CB Bears (1977)
Skatebirds (1977), not complete without the heavily-edited Clue Club segments (in this case known as Woofer & Whimper)
Yogi's Space Race (1978)
Jana of the Jungle (1978)
The New Fred and Barney Show (1979)
The New Shmoo (1979)
The Flintstone Comedy Show (NBC) (1980-81)
Trollkins (1981)
The Gary Coleman Show (1982), with opening teasers and Casey Kasem's opening narration restored
Yogi's Treasure Hunt (1985-88)
Wildfire (1986)
The New Yogi Bear Show (1988)

~Ben

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island is now on iTunes and Amazon in HD.
https://www.amazon.com/Scooby-Doo-Zombie-Island-Scott-Innes/dp/B019CVBHPO/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/scooby-doo-on-zombie-island/id279599294

Hopefully they're considering a Blu-ray, but with the fact that they ditched the Blu-rays for DTV Scooby movies, sadly I'm not very confident. I will also note that I have not yet bought it, but I assume it is genuine HD as WHV doesn't tend to upscale things for fake digital HD releases.
Here's a HD clip from YouTube. Looks to be legitimate.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Well, looks like we all guessed correctly. The next Hanna Barbera sets are “The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang” and “Laverne and Shirley in the Army”.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. Those two are a shock. I never expected those two out of three to come out on DVD. Really. Does this mean (besides the Mork and Mindy cartoon) we might get the Jeannie cartoon?

Really. Any new TV DVD releases is better than no TV DVD releases.

--James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks