What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (1 Viewer)

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
guys. the blu-ray Jonny quest - has all episodes ? I mean both DVDs (complete first season & eighties adventures), or its only first season with 26 episodes on blu-ray?

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Here are communications between WHV and myself regarding a replacement disc for The New Scooby-Doo Movies "The Haunted Showboat" error. I was able to get a response by including a paragraph in a message that was otherwise regarding replacement discs for the Batman complete series Blu-ray. Hopefully they stick to their word and send out replacement discs:

Me: "I would also like to check on the progress of replacement discs for the recent The New Scooby-Doo Movies. “The Haunted Showboat” is out of sync on the set and it is unacceptable and warrants a replacement. I noticed WB have fixed the issue on the digital copies so they are clearly aware of the issue. I paid full price of $60 USD for this set so I either want the defective disc replaced or a refund. It was bad enough that you crammed all the episodes on to two discs and expected us to pay that much, but then to have an entire episode in an unwatchable state and to not correct that is unacceptable."

WHV: "For Scooby-Doo, that is in the works of being fixed."

Very vague, however it is the first response I've been able to get from them regarding the issue.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Here are communications between WHV and myself regarding a replacement disc for The New Scooby-Doo Movies "The Haunted Showboat" error. I was able to get a response by including a paragraph in a message that was otherwise regarding replacement discs for the Batman complete series Blu-ray. Hopefully they stick to their word and send out replacement discs:

Me: "I would also like to check on the progress of replacement discs for the recent The New Scooby-Doo Movies. “The Haunted Showboat” is out of sync on the set and it is unacceptable and warrants a replacement. I noticed WB have fixed the issue on the digital copies so they are clearly aware of the issue. I paid full price of $60 USD for this set so I either want the defective disc replaced or a refund. It was bad enough that you crammed all the episodes on to two discs and expected us to pay that much, but then to have an entire episode in an unwatchable state and to not correct that is unacceptable."

WHV: "For Scooby-Doo, that is in the works of being fixed."

Very vague, however it is the first response I've been able to get from them regarding the issue.
Sounds like replacement disks are coming. Late purchasers rewarded. Inconvenience for you

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
How are late purchasers rewarded? New sets likely won’t include the replacement disc for years, if at all. Everyone who wants them will likely have to request them.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
I'm glad they're aware of the synch issue but how will we know when the replacement discs for the Scooby Doo Movies title are available?

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
I was hoping they'd do that- How are you all getting answers from WHV? I have written to them about other shows and got no response.
Are you writing on their Facebook page or just direct letters through their Email address?

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
[email protected]

Like I said, I originally asked about Batman replacement discs and included my question in a reply to an existing conversation. So any existing replacement program should work as a starting point.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
How are late purchasers rewarded? New sets likely won’t include the replacement disc for years, if at all. Everyone who wants them will likely have to request them.
Generally, when there are replacement disks, the studios replace the stock of major sellers like Amazon so new purchasers don’t have to get replacements. That’s what I meant

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
I have checked my DVD " the new scooby doo movies - almost complete collection" episode Haunted showboat" and I havent noticed any issues with sound. so I dont know what are you talking about. maybe this is just blu-ray version issue?

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
They didn’t replace the stock when Batman got replacement discs. They didn’t even replace the discs in the repackaged set that was yet to be released. They stated in the press release for that set that all the purchasers of that new set would have to request replacement discs after it was released. So other studios might do that and just not Warner Bros, or more likely the original discs for whatever titles you’re thinking of just sold out quickly.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
They didn’t replace the stock when Batman got replacement discs. They didn’t even replace the discs in the repackaged set that was yet to be released. They stated in the press release for that set that all the purchasers of that new set would have to request replacement discs after it was released. So other studios might do that and just not Warner Bros, or more likely the original discs for whatever titles you’re thinking of just sold out quickly.

I bought the individual seasons of Batman on DVD. As I recall, Batman Season 1 was released on DVD simultaneously with the complete series on DVD and Blu-Ray. Eventually, the corrected disc was added to the individual Season 1 set. Those copies had a sticker with a new bar code over the original bar code on the back cover. That's how you could tell if the set was a corrected version or not. Whichever set had the other corrected episode (I think Season 2/Part 1) came out separately after the corrected discs were created, so the individual set was correct from the beginning.

So maybe if there is a "fixed" version of the Scooby-Doo Movies, it might have a new bar code added on a sticker.

For all new Warner releases, when they are announced, they should also announce when the replacement version will be released too -- since it's practically ubiquitous with them.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Jerry Beck on a Touché Turtle release - “They have prints of everything but a lack of negatives. That’s the problem. Wally Gator and Lippy the Lion had a higher percentage of negatives available. They are undecided on whether they should release Touché Turtle or not, so if you want them to, make your voice heard.”

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Jerry Beck on a Touché Turtle release - “They have prints of everything but a lack of negatives. That’s the problem. Wally Gator and Lippy the Lion had a higher percentage of negatives available. They are undecided on whether they should release Touché Turtle or not, so if you want them to, make your voice heard.”

WHAT!?!?!

NUH-uh. What do they think, wait 10 years and then better source material will magically appear?

I am all for making these releases the best they can be but come on...so they want to release two-thirds of the package and then leave us hanging like they did with Magilla/Potamus?

(Actually, even though Potamus came out TEN YEARS after Magilla, I guess it was worth the wait since Potamus was beautifully remastered, while Magilla -- a much higher profile show -- went out with existing video masters of the cartoons and missing the show opening and closing. I'm 51 now, and Touche was a little before my time by a few years!)

How much better would it be? Would the target audience still be alive by then?

Do negatives even exist?

My vote: Just put it out. Enough already.

And the Banana Splits too!

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
WHAT!?!?!

NUH-uh. What do they think, wait 10 years and then better source material will magically appear?

I am all for making these releases the best they can be but come on...so they want to release two-thirds of the package and then leave us hanging like they did with Magilla/Potamus?

(Actually, even though Potamus came out TEN YEARS after Magilla, I guess it was worth the wait since Potamus was beautifully remastered, while Magilla -- a much higher profile show -- went out with existing video masters of the cartoons and missing the show opening and closing. I'm 51 now, and Touche was a little before my time by a few years!)

How much better would it be? Would the target audience still be alive by then?

Do negatives even exist?

My vote: Just put it out. Enough already.

And the Banana Splits too!
I do vote for Touche Turtle (except, how would I vote for them to get this released?)!

In the meantime, I left a comment on WAC's Facebook page about this... we shall see!

~Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks