1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Hanna-Barbera set?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matthew Green, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I remember this show really well and in my market there were only end credits over Lippy the Lion. With stations labeling it as the Wally Gator show they all would have shown the Wally cartoon 1st. But Touche could have been 3rd in other markets so I think its pretty safe to assume that there never was an end Credits for Wally but there could be one for Touche Turtle.

2. Tezzer_Badischlivk

Tezzer_Badischlivk Auditioning

Matt
    Shame to hear there's a glitch with the Lippy DVD set. Is it just on the opening/title card? Doesn't show up and ruin the actual episode? I put a pre-order in with Amazon USA (I'm based in the UK) but it hasn't shipped.

Anyone willing to upload photos of the set? Curious to see the cover art. :)

3. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

So far the only glitch I have found is on the title card for that one cartoon. And even that might have been intentional -- though I consider it a screw-up -- instead of fading in, the title card appears one tiny square at a time. Since 1962 cartoon titles are supposed to look like 1980s video games. [/sarcasm]

In many cases it looks like they "remastered" the series' intro and cut it back onto the individual cartoons. Sometimes it's in much better shape than the cartoon that follows it.

4. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

There are reports of the cartoons airing in some markets with Touche Turtle as the lead character.

Randy Korstick likes this.
  5. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

6. Bradskey

Bradskey Stunt Coordinator

Brad Davis
    The Lippy glitch is just a fancy "transition" effect between the show opening and the title card on a single episode (so far). It doesn't really detract from anything. As the combination of intro and title card/episode may be a reconstruction, the transition effect looks like something that may have simply been accidentally inserted in a digital video authoring tool.

7. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

It's been pretty quiet regarding any further releases. Now I really want Touche Turtle. I hope they don't leave us hanging. Lippy was announced almost immediately as Wally was released. On the other hand, it was 10 years between Magilla Gorilla and Peter Potamus.

8. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I still think Touche Turtle will be coming in August. But It might be the end of August. I think they remastered all 3 at the same time and then decided to release them separately.

JoeDoakes and ClassicTVMan1981X like this.
  9. ClassicTVMan1981X

ClassicTVMan1981X Supporting Actor

Benjamin
    I should hope so... I have so far delayed buying these DVDs until I see all of the reviews of how they are.

~Ben

10. Message #4530 of 4537 Jul 12, 2019 at 8:37 AM
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 8:47 AM
    Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

These were in really bad shape which is why they have never looked good on boomerang or cartoon network and why the complete wally gator show announced by WHV in 2007 was cancelled. So there is only so much we can expect from the remastering. They look better than they have in a long time but there are still a few in bad shape. A full restoration would be needed to get them looking pristine and that isn't realistic from a financial side.
    To clarify by complete Wally Gator show I mean the 3 cartoons put together for one show which is how most stations showed them. There are no Wally Gator show opening/Closings and connecting parts. But there were show credits that ran over Lippy the Lion which was the 3rd cartoon in my market. They just reused the Lippy the Lion opening to run the credits over.

JoeDoakes likes this.
  11. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

I don't pay attention to the stuff they have on their streaming app or whatever it is. Is Touche on there?

12. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

If you mean Boomerang Streaming no its not on there yet. They usually do not add anything they just released on DVD for at least a year.

13. dawnshadow

dawnshadow Stunt Coordinator

Dawn
    They always announce the next month’s titles at the end of the month. That’s the only reason Lippy was announced so close to the release of Wally Gator. Touché could be coming out early August and they still wouldn’t have announced it yet.

Mark Y likes this.
  14. Astairefan

Astairefan Second Unit

Neil Powell
    On FB, WAC just announced the complete original series for The Jetsons for Blu-ray, so that looks to be coming next month!

15. Message #4535 of 4537 Jul 16, 2019 at 9:32 AM
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019 at 9:40 AM
    ClassicTVMan1981X

ClassicTVMan1981X Supporting Actor

Benjamin
    Very cool! I hope these episodes will be presented as they were prior to 1985, with no episode title cards after the opening credits.

However, as before, the closing credits will be awkward. First, they originally ended with "A Screen Gems Film Presentation" and then after the song ends, we see "This Has Been an ABC Television Network Presentation," but as WB does not have the rights to use those two trademarks legally, they will be deleted.

~Ben

16. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer

Ray
    2019 has been a real banner year for HB releases

Sean Thompson likes this.
  17. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt Supporting Actor

Nice. I suppose the third short-lived popular series from that period, Top Cat, will follow shortly as well.