What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (6 Viewers)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
With improved compression of the past two years I am ok with 2 discs for Scooby its the cropped widescreen and fake stereo that will bother me since it appears the back cover is correct. Changing things to Widescreen and Stereo has been done before by big studios especially when they think that's what everyone with big HD screens wants. People complain about black bars on the sides just like they used to complain about black bars on the top and bottom.

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
With improved compression of the past two years I am ok with 2 discs for Scooby its the cropped widescreen and fake stereo that will bother me since it appears the back cover is correct.
Having trouble believing they cropped it I'll wait for a report.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The 2-disc thing on the Blu-rays bothered me back when this was first announced. I thought it had to be a mistake. So, I went with the DVD set for my pre-order. I'm glad I did.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
With improved compression of the past two years I am ok with 2 discs for Scooby its the cropped widescreen and fake stereo that will bother me since it appears the back cover is correct. Changing things to Widescreen and Stereo has been done before by big studios especially when they think that's what everyone with big HD screens wants. People complain about black bars on the sides just like they used to complain about black bars on the top and bottom.
That’s ridiculous. There’s no way they’d crop the Blu-Ray set but not the DVD. The DVD says it preserves the original aspect ratio, so the Blu-Ray does as well.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
How much data can BD-50s hold? Are these BD-50s? I don't know the answer to either.
The 50 represents the data. BD-50s hold 50GB whereas BD-25s hold 25GB.

These are definitely BD-50. 2 BD-25s is ridiculous for a set like this, and two BD-50s was already ridiculous enough.

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
The digital episodes hit iTunes overnight. I bought the Phyllis Diller and Jeannie episodes to check out and they are in proper aspect ratio.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Could you please take a look at your copy and confirm that?
My copy is sitting in an mail forwarding warehouse in America, but a member on Blu-Ray.com forums confirmed that they are 4x3. Also said no visible compression issues but that will be to each individual’s opinion I would think.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
If The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour is ever released on Blu-Ray, it will likely be eight 1-hour episodes per disc. Again, we'd need to have the original opening and closing titles referencing both characters.

~Ben

Last edited:

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, the original opening has not been restored to any of the episodes. Either previously released or newly released. The same generic opening that was used for the prior release has been re-used. That's totally strange. All they had to do was remove the Addams Family since they are the ones that couldn't be released.

The DVD's are in 4x3 but they are matted top, bottom and on both sides. Meaning black bars all around. At least that is how they appear on my analog TV. I have not checked them out on my widescreen TV but the top and bottom bars should not be there.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
I guess you should start buying Blu-Ray if the inferior format DVDs are nowadays is bothering you.

For those interested, looks like the Blu-Ray episodes average 4GB.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
My apologies, I just knew it would bother me, but I care about quality and don’t pay a practically identical price for an inferior quality product, silly me :P

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
I didn't say it bothered me, I was just reporting what the DVD looked like.
thanks for the report. I would like also to know the same things about jonny quest BD, course there is so much things need to be included (opening / closinf credits, censored moments and voice etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks