What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (4 Viewers)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Regarding the Jonny Quest Blu-Ray, I am wondering if we'll ever hear the original version of the closing credit theme tune on the first four episodes (which had John Stephenson doing the voice of Dr. Quest, instead of Don Messick)? The reason I know, is that in the released soundtrack CDs, there was an alternate version of the end theme in addition to the version we're used to hearing at the end of this series.

~Ben

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
This is the most active I’ve seen this thread in a while. It really is nice to have a group of fellow HB fans with such passion for the shows. Also June 4 needs to hurry up, I’m dying to know what the actual release turns out to be. Maybe someone with the set order on Amazon will get an early delivery.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Correct but if people are assuming the back of the new Scooby movies box is correct then we are getting a cropped widescreen version it says 1.78: 1
It's probably letterboxed (or whatever the right term is) within the widescreen frame like most traditional aspect ratio blu-rays, but we'll see.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Correct but if people are assuming the back of the new Scooby movies box is correct then we are getting a cropped widescreen version it says 1.78: 1
It says right underneath it that it preserves the original aspect ratio. They just mean that it has black bars. 2 discs means 2 discs.

Also they have to be BD-50. And that doesn’t fix anything. That’s still only 4GB an episode. It truly is impossible that it’s a BD-25 set, that would have even less bitrate than Amazon Prime and make the set completely useless.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It says right underneath it that it preserves the original aspect ratio. They just mean that it has black bars. 2 discs means 2 discs.

Also they have to be BD-50. And that doesn’t fix anything. That’s still only 4GB an episode. It truly is impossible that it’s a BD-25 set, that would have even less bitrate than Amazon Prime and make the set completely useless.
I don't see where it says preserves original aspect ratio. It says:
1080P High Definition: 16x9: 1.78:1
16xp to warner just means enhanced but when they state the ratio that is usually what it is.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Everyone, for all the tech information on discs and dis content, etc. I am learning something new here.

This is the most active I’ve seen this thread in a while. It really is nice to have a group of fellow HB fans with such passion for the shows. Also June 4 needs to hurry up, I’m dying to know what the actual release turns out to be. Maybe someone with the set order on Amazon will get an early delivery.

I agree with you. It is nice to see all the activity on H-B. It has been a while since we had this much excitement. Three releases in one month. With WALLY GATOR, I am glad to see that Warner Archive is not totally abandoning the 1960's shows from the DVD format. This is the best reason to support this release because it will help to see other earlier H-B material come out on home video.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see where it says preserves original aspect ratio. It says:
1080P High Definition: 16x9: 1.78:1
16xp to warner just means enhanced but when they state the ratio that is usually what it is.
It is the DVD version that has the statement: "Widescreen version presented in a "matted" widescreen format preserving the aspect ratio of its original television exhibition". This statement is not on the blu-ray box but likely (hopefully) still applies.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
TVShowsonDVD.com just announced on their Facebook page that another new Scooby-Doo release is coming in August. This one is in the Best of Warners 50 Years Series and it is an all Scooby-Doo 50 years release. Here is a link to the page at WBShop.com:

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...eDHtYfrDlTLU_CByIJne4KaEflsHopev9qi3CdaIF3DWg
That was actually announced at the start of April like The New Scooby-Doo Movies. Interesting that the release date seems to have been postponed by a fortnight.
https://www.animationmagazine.net/h...me-home-in-almost-complete-lost-episode-sets/

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
If Dynomutt, Dog Wonder is ever to be released on DVD solo, in addition to me wanting it to have the original 1976 opening and closing titles (from The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour, meaning those we last saw on USA Cartoon Express in the 1980s-early '90s), I also would prefer that the 1977 episodes (which were all 11 minutes long, and also all two-part stories) each have an opening and closing, rather than be grouped together as single half-hour stories like the reruns treated them.

~Ben

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd love to see a release of all the Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks segments. Are any of those on DVD past what's on volume 1 of The Huckleberry Hound Show?

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
guys when soomeone will have jonny quest on blu-ray, can you write here all the issues that remained on the bluray? I mean issues with:
- closing credits
- cut scenes and edited voices
- cut the opening card "jonny quest" and other shit that may be unknown for me personally, course if there is still all this shit remained the same on blu-ray - then I dont see any reason to buy it as incomplete release in 2019 year!!! its not stone age well you know))

as for the wally gator - will definitely buy this, i hope it has good quality of the picture)

- as for the new scooby-doo movies + lost episodes edition - as i understand its still remains incomplete, right? some episodes are missing?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
guys when soomeone will have jonny quest on blu-ray, can you write here all the issues that remained on the bluray? I mean issues with:
- closing credits
- cut scenes and edited voices
- cut the opening card "jonny quest" and other shit that may be unknown for me personally, course if there is still all this shit remained the same on blu-ray - then I dont see any reason to buy it as incomplete release in 2019 year!!! its not stone age well you know))

as for the wally gator - will definitely buy this, i hope it has good quality of the picture)

- as for the new scooby-doo movies + lost episodes edition - as i understand its still remains incomplete, right? some episodes are missing?
Yes, the recent New Scooby-Doo Movies collection still won't have this one episode: "Wednesday is Missing" (special guests: The Addams Family).

~Ben

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
I'd love to see a release of all the Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks segments. Are any of those on DVD past what's on volume 1 of The Huckleberry Hound Show?

yeah seems like there are also hokey wolf and some yogi bear episodes that were on 2-nd season on the huckleberry hound, but i may be wrong, need to check all episodes on my dvds (yogi bear show+ 1-st season of the huckleberry hound show)

Mark Y

Screenwriter

One Pixie & Dixie cartoon ("Heavens To Jinksy") from the second season is on the compilation DVD "Cartoon Crack-Ups." This DVD also includes one Huckleberry Hound from Season 2 ("Spud Dud").

https://www.amazon.com/Cartoon-Crack-Ups-Various/dp/B00005BJO4

Two Hokey Wolf cartoons are on the awkwardly-titled "Best Of Warner Bros. 25 Cartoon Collection: Hanna-Barbera." They are "Tricks And Treats" and "Castle Hassle."

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Warner-...hanna-Barbera&qid=1559520564&s=gateway&sr=8-1

That leaves 13 Yogi Bear, 26 Hokey Wolf, and 34 each of Huckleberry Hound and Pixie & Dixie unreleased on DVD.

Friendsfa32

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
oh my god.. and WB couldnt complete it for only 1 episode?? this is a joke???

it is NOT a joke, there are multiple rights issues,
considering we don't know what the issues are,
it could very well have nothing to do with Warner simply not paying up for the episode....
perhaps some people involved in the episode, just don't want it to be released, nothing Warner could do about that.

also, this new set clearly shows Warner tried their best to get all the episodes rights issues cleared, otherwise they would have just ignored this show all together, or just gave us a re-release.

so instead of going "is this a joke......" just be grateful, you ARE getting the other 8 remaining episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks