What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (3 Viewers)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I released my list in a previous post but The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan was a great one and i would love to buy it.

HB Titles:

1) Adventures of the New Huck Finn
2) Adventures of Gulliver
3) Herculoids
4) Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles
5) Atom Ant and Secret Squirrel
6) Mighty Mightor and Moby Dick
7) Shazzam
8) Emergency +4
9) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids
10) The Hair Bear Bunch
And many more..

Japanese titles owned by Warner:

1) Marine Boy
2) Johnny Cipher in Dimension Zero

Other cartoons:

The Lone Ranger (1960's)
The Beatles Cartoon
more King King (1960's)
The Mighty Hercules

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Are all Hanna-Barara releases going to Archives only or could the current Archives see general release dates sometime in the near future?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by darkrock17
Are all Hanna-Barara releases going to Archives only or could the current Archives see general release dates sometime in the near future?
My concerns is that the announcements for HB archives has been few and far between. There are many shows in their archive at the current pace it will take about 5-7 years for everything to be released. I am most interested in the following sets

1. New Adventures of Gilligan
2. Herculoids
3. Captain Caveman and the teen angels
4. Jeannie (i think there are issues with Sony)
5. Partridge Family 2200AD (I think there are issues with Sony?)
6. Banana Splits

There are other shows via filmation that i like to see released
1. Far out space nuts
2. Shazam

I am sure many of us have different choices to what we liked as a kid. I already have 35 shows on dvd with two in the mail and one on order. I am close to having all i want on dvd. It is great watching these shows again to re-live my childhood!! My special gal teases me about being in my 40s and that i still like cartoons.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Far Out Space Nuts was a Sid and Marty Krofft show...would love to see it on a double-set with the Lost saucer!!! And why Herculoids is not on dvd I shall never know...ditto that for Shazzan!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
Far Out Space Nuts was a Sid and Marty Krofft show...would love to see it on a double-set with the Lost saucer!!! And why Herculoids is not on dvd I shall never know...ditto that for Shazzan!
hey ethan,

The herculoids frustrates me due to fact that space ghost/dino boy, jonny quest and now valley of dinosaurs have all been released. I would have thought they would have released herculods complete considering the segments are only 6-8 mins duration.

HB has some great cartoons that are now out and that is good, but there seems to been a delay since the last announcement for valley of the dinosaurs. You just need to look at the shows like sealab 2020, which i thought would be next in their line. I believe there is a delay with new adventures of gilligan, which makes think they are delaying more release for similar issues. Ideally, i would love to see them release 2/month or 24/year that way they could complete the sets within
four years, especially if there are over 96 cartoons. I may be off by # of cartoons.

I also think the window is closing on the cartoon interest due to fact the cartoon generation of kids are now aged 35-48 years of age. Cartoons started to drop off in the 1980s to the present time. I am ignore shows like the simpsons/family guy/american dad as these shows are geared more to an adult audience.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Frankenstein JR. and the Impossibles just announced for April-----Awesome. Please kept the titles coming.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
This is awesome news. They have been releasing these H-B sets in groups of 2 at a time, so I wonder what will be released with it?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth
This is awesome news. They have been releasing these H-B sets in groups of 2 at a time, so I wonder what will be released with it?
Something from the 1960's I'd guess.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great, Great news on Frankenstein Jr. This would have been in my top 5 HB to be released. I predict this will be their biggest HB title yet.
If the next title is another 60's title I have a feeling it may finally be The Hercleoids since they seem to be going action titles recently and that is the biggest 60's action one left. Others would be Moby Dick/Mighty Mightor, Shazzan, Gulliver or Banana Splits.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see FrankensteinJr/Impossibles getting a release.

Wish WB would get to the Filmation Batman from '68.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I posted a comment on the Warner Archive wall about wanting more Huck & Yogi. Here's my post:
'Thanks for all the Hanna-Barbera releases. What about Yogi Bear's other shows like "Yogi's Gang", "Yogi's Treasure Hunt", and "Yo, Yogi!" Also, can we get more Huckleberry Hound on DVD as well as his TV movie "The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound?"'
15 hours ago · Like ·

And here was their response:
"Warner Archive Collection You'll be seeing more of Huck and Yogi later this year, and indeed you'll experience the intensity of THE GOOD, THE BAD...................AND HUCKLBERRY HOUND!"

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I would like to see the Huckleberry Hound Show finished and Yogi's Gang and Yogi's Space Race/Galaxy Goof-ups but I stop at 1980 for Hanna-Barbera.
Good news for those who want the newer shows though and I'm sure we will get all the HB catalog eventually if we keep buying them.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I would love to see New Adventures of Gilligan (which was schedule for Apr-May) along with the herculoids. I have 35+ cartoons completed and there is only a few that i would still want to have for my collections.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Archive might be good for some releases, but for TV at least it's not. I hope WB rethinks there approach at releasing HB titles, but that would be like getting a leopard changing his spots.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The other approach besides the archive is what they had been doing, nothing.

This stuff isn't viable for a general retail release.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I thought there were some music clearance issues with some of the Huck and Quick Draw shows due to music?

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I know, DeWilson, about the music clearance issues and that issue has to be addressed but I just posted what they posted on my Facebook page. When they say more "Huck and Yogi", they could mean "Yogi's Gang" or "Yogi's Treasure Hunt." We just don't know. However, I read that statement from Warner Archive to mean "The Huckleberry Hound Show" itself. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe, just maybe, they'll also put out "Ruff and Reddy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks