What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (6 Viewers)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I only want complete shows as they originally aired since half of the fun of revisiting these old shows we grew up with is the nostalgia which isn't there if the show is changed or broken up. Case in point one of my favorite shows growing up was Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape show in 3rd and 4th grade. The alternating of the two cartoons made it perfect. I would never buy Grape Ape or the 70's Tom and Jerry alone. I would only buy them as the complete one hour show as aired. This is why digital and the Boomerang streaming channel doesn't work for me. I don't want all the magilla gorilla cartoons separate I want them as the complete show as aired with a Richochet Rabbit and Punkin Puss and Mush Mouse cartoon. I will probably be cancelling boomerang streaming soon if they don't listen to the surveys they keep sending out. When its digital and streaming the access is easier so they should be able to offer both as I suggested in the survey. Even on the DVD's you can choose individual cartoons if you don't want to watch the complete show.
I agree with you.

Although the entirety of CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER FRIENDS has been released on DVD, the releases were separate: first the CHALLENGE episodes, which when first seen on ABC actually constituted the last half-hour, and then SUPER FRIENDS, VOLUME 2 which consists of the traditional 1977-style SUPER FRIENDS stories that occupied the first half-hour. In addition, on the 9th week of its original ABC run, when said series was expanded from 1 hour to 90 minutes, reruns of SUPER FRIENDS from 1977 (initially as part of THE ALL-NEW SUPER FRIENDS HOUR) occupied the middle half-hour, with the CHALLENGE episodes reserved (as before) for the last (now third) half-hour.

~Ben

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Has anyone seen the new covers added in the last month or so on HB & WB covers? They are very cool, sort of pop art. Much better than the reused covers from the diamond anniversary releases.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Has anyone seen the new covers added in the last month or so on HB & WB covers? They are very cool, sort of pop art. Much better than the reused covers from the diamond anniversary releases.

I saw them at Wal-Mart. I figured they were probably a store exclusive?

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Sorry to "bump" this with a question (as opposed to actual information), but...

...there were some rumblings about "The New Fred And Barney Show" being planned for a Warner Archive release.

Any news on this?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Sorry to "bump" this with a question (as opposed to actual information), but...

...there were some rumblings about "The New Fred And Barney Show" being planned for a Warner Archive release.

Any news on this?
Yes, they did... just no ETA right now.

I remember they responded to Rick Cagle's question about this title on their official Facebook page before, and they said yes, but no date announced yet. So just be patient and wait.

~Ben

Last edited:

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
What are the chances for the remaining episodes of Wait Till Your Father Gets Home being released on DVD? I bought the DVD set with the first 24 episodes after it came out, have been hoping for the rest of the series to be issued but quite a bit of time has passed since that first set came out so I'm concerned that the remaining episodes might not be released.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
What are the chances for the remaining episodes of Wait Till Your Father Gets Home being released on DVD? I bought the DVD set with the first 24 episodes after it came out, have been hoping for the rest of the series to be issued but quite a bit of time has passed since that first set came out so I'm concerned that the remaining episodes might not be released.
I hope they do, but WB Archives has been way late on this for years.
James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
WAC stated a few times on FB that season 2 and 3 of this show has some clearance issues preventing a release. They have many shows in the same boat. They always work to clear them so you never know when a stuck show will suddenly be released but some of them may unfortunately never get cleared depending on the cost.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I can see exactly how hard it will be for such shows as Yogi's Space Race and The Flintstone Comedy Show (1980 TV series) to be released on DVD as a whole, considering they were about 75 minutes long less commercials, and that only three whole blocks this length can fit comfortably to a DVD without compression, that which thus results in loss of picture quality; I know this because of VEI's treatment of some Paramount Television shows on DVD, loss of picture quality comes from this compression.

The situation with Yogi's Space Race, in its entirety, is further complicated in that one of its segments, Galaxy Goof-Ups, had been spun off 8 weeks after first premiering September 9, 1978, thus dropping Yogi's Space Race from 90 minutes to 1 hour (leaving just the title segment as well as The Buford Files and The Galloping Ghost, the latter two of which are both 11-minute segments and which got their own half-hour series, together, starting February 3, 1979), meaning the newly spun-off series ran new episodes on its own for the remaining five weeks. This opens up a new debate: should each of these segments be released on DVD as a whole or separately?

~Ben

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I can see exactly how hard it will be for such shows as Yogi's Space Race and The Flintstone Comedy Show (1980 TV series) to be released on DVD as a whole, considering they were about 75 minutes long less commercials, and that only three whole blocks this length can fit comfortably to a DVD without compression, that which thus results in loss of picture quality; I know this because of VEI's treatment of some Paramount Television shows on DVD, loss of picture quality comes from this compression.

The situation with Yogi's Space Race, in its entirety, is further complicated in that one of its segments, Galaxy Goof-Ups, had been spun off 8 weeks after first premiering September 9, 1978, thus dropping Yogi's Space Race from 90 minutes to 1 hour (leaving just the title segment as well as The Buford Files and The Galloping Ghost, the latter two of which are both 11-minute segments and which got their own half-hour series, together, starting February 3, 1979), meaning the newly spun-off series ran new episodes on its own for the remaining five weeks. This opens up a new debate: should each of these segments be released on DVD as a whole or separately?

~Ben
DVD's are now dirt cheap around .20 cents each so while more discs used to mean a much higher cost for studios that really isn't the case anymore. A 2, 3 or 4 disc set cost WAC nearly the same. Its the mastering and assembly of the shows that cost money.
Your information is correct on how Yogi's Space Race was later broken up but we are only talking 13 episodes and the format and credits were established for the 1st 8 episodes and can be used for the remaining 5 episodes. If this show was shown on TV complete all 13 episodes would be shown this way so this is how it should be released on DVD. For me its an easy answer no complete show no sale. I would not purchase any of the segments if they are released separately even though this is one of my biggest HB wish list titles now. This show is definitely an example of the whole is better than the sum of its parts. Buford files and Galloping Ghost are both only ok. Space Race is pretty good and Galaxy Goof-Ups is good but all together as the original show it is a lot of fun. Just like Laugh Olympics the two race segments work a lot better when they are broken up with other cartoons in between leaving some suspense on what will happen in the rest of the games/race.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I subscribe to Boomerang and cant locate this show. Where is it on the service?
I had the same problem. They are broken up as individual shorts and mixed in with Yogi Bear. The ones that are over 8 minutes are the ones from The New Yogi Bear show. The one thing I don't like about Boomerang streaming is that they break up multi cartoon shows and put them all together by character like they were theatrical shorts. I'm ok with this as long as they offer the original show as well but unfortunately they don't. I pointed all this out in one of their surveys 8 months ago but so far they haven't listened.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
It is all filed under THE YOGI BEAR SHOW and the ones from the 1980's start at Season 6 I believe. I don't subscribe to Boomerang but you can access it through Amazon Prime and that's where I found the shorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks