1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Hanna-Barbera set?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matthew Green, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Sean Thompson

Sean Thompson Stunt Coordinator

Sean
  2. Sean Thompson

Sean Thompson Stunt Coordinator

Sean
    Devlin is now available for digital purchase on iTunes.

Devlin, The Complete Series by Devlin https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/devlin-the-complete-series/id1330719048

Last week Warner added The New Adventures of Gilligan, but used the original prints and not Warner Archives remastered episodes

The New Adventures of Gilligan, Season 1 by The New Adventures of Gilligan https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/the-new-adventures-of-gilligan-season-1/id1333283929

The New Adventures of Gilligan, Season 2 by The New Adventures of Gilligan https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/the-new-adventures-of-gilligan-season-2/id1333284881

3. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

So last night on Facebook I saw something about a few more Hanna-Barbera re-releases, including "The Hair Bear Bunch" and "The Funky Phantom." Does that mean these would be "real" DVDs?

This didn't appear to be anything official, just a fan's post. But it showed four covers. I think the other two were "Jonny Quest" and "Pebbles And Bamm-Bamm," which had the new red "Diamond Collection" banners. "Hair Bear" and "Funky Phantom" just looked like the existing WAC covers.

Has this been announced?

4. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I don't get why we keep getting re-releases of titles still available at WA instead of new release. The Diamond Collection when announced at the beginning of last year promised new releases as well as reissues so far no new release in the Diamond collection in over a year.
    The Hair Bear Bunch was on Pressed discs unless purchased from Amazon but Funky Phantom was DVD-R's. I doubt they sold all the Pressed Hair Bear Bunch.

Bryan^H likes this.
  5. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

I'm still waiting patiently for Jana of the Jungle.

6. Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth Supporting Actor

Mark Y, HELP! IT’S THE HAIR BEAR BUNCH and THE FUNKY PHANTOM were new digital releases last year. JONNY QUEST and PEBBLES AND BAMM-BAMM were Diamond reissues. WA Facebook page will show videos of past releases just to remind people that they are available. It sounds like the post was fan-related and not official from WA.

On another reissue note, THE FLINTSTONES THE COMPLETE SERIES has been given the Diamond release treatment for DVD and THE CAVE KIDS are now available for digital download. The Diamond banner and pricing has been removed from the Flintstones iTunes series.

Mark Y likes this.
  7. 3607 Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    Anyone bought the Flintstones complete series reissue?

The previous had severe quality control issues as I recall from complaints around here, but I'm tempted if this one is up to par. Still two seasons short of completion on this one, and if I can replace flippers for the other 4 seasons at the same time, I may as well.

How's the packaging for the season set reissues for this Hanna-Barbera rerelease program, if I go that route for seasons 4-5 instead of rebuying the entire series or tracking down copies of the original season sets?

8. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Instead of reissuing the same old DVDs for the Flintstones I sure wish they would release the series on Blu Ray. It would be an instant repurchase then. If any HB series deserves a blu ray upgrade its the Flintstones.
    I honestly do not remember any quality control issues on the Flintstones. The series used only one flipper per set but that was a DVD-14 which had very little complaints vs. the DVD-18 which many have problems with. I had no problems with any of the Flintstones and have watched them all twice. I have one episode on the pebbles and Bam Bam show that freezes but that's on a single sided DVD9.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  9. 3609 Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    I was talking specifically about the earlier complete series release. I believe it was the second one in 2012 which saw a lot of complaints around here about the poor quality.

I don't believe it was so much the discs itself as it was the overall package and how it was assembled. For instance I remember complaints about glue having gotten on the discs. And I believe the discs, including the flippers, went into cardboard sleeves. That's never good for disc longevity and results in scratches right out of the box even if you immediately transplant everything to a new case.

I've had no issues with the flipper on each of the four standalone seasons that I do own, but I still don't care for the format and like to replace them when possible and it's financially reasonable to do so. But I'd just as assume buy my last two seasons I need as standalone releases and keep the flippers if the complete series package here is shoddy like the last attempt was.

Randy Korstick likes this.
  10. Kirben

Kirben Agent

Travis
    There is an unboxing video for the re-release of The Flintstones: The Complete Series on YouTube.

LeoA likes this.
  11. Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth Supporting Actor

I don't think all the titles for March are up yet at Warner Archive. They showed a video on Facebook for Batman: Subzero on blu-ray coming out soon and that is not one of the listings for pre-order yet.

Randy Korstick and JamesSmith like this.
  12. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Screenwriter

I hope so. I wasn't impressed with the quantity of releases coming out in March.

James

13. LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    Thanks, I like the looks of this latest complete series rerelease (Even though that person's particular copy had a small amount of damage to the case), and will probably go for that version.

14. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Since I already have the original Flintstones DVD's and there are no improvements to the transfers with the new release I see no reason to repurchase and will stick with the originals I already have. However I would be 1st in line to repurchase all 6 seasons if they ever release them on Blu Ray.

Tony Bensley, mayberry66guy and LeoA like this.
  15. rorschach72

rorschach72 Auditioning

Bryan
    Speaking of The Funky Phantom, I got the DVD set for Christmas and recently watched it for the first time. Three or four of the episodes had periods when the background music overpowered the dialog, making it hard to tell what the characters were saying. During one episode, "Pigskin Predicament", it got so bad, I skipped to the next episode. Has anyone else noticed this? I have 20 or so Hanna-Barbera/Filmation series on DVD, and I've never come across such a problem.

16. Darby67

Darby67 Screenwriter

Sean
    IIRC, the previous Flintstones complete series and third season DVD releases had an issue where the third season episode "The Big Move" was missing 2 to 3 minutes of footage. I'm guessing that this did not corrected on the recent complete series re-release.

17. tlc38tlc38

tlc38tlc38 Stunt Coordinator

Trent
    I'm still waiting on a complete series set of "The Smurfs". That'd be awesome!

18. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Batman vs. Mr. Freeze is now up for preorder at WAC. I believe this is the last title for March as nothing else was rumored. The 15 + month wait for a classic Hanna Barbera title continues.:(

LeoA and JamesSmith like this.
  19. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    Are "Rights Issues" holding up a release of The Adventures of Gulliver? As popular was this show when it ran I'm surprised to see it hasn't been released.

20. ClassicTVMan1981X

ClassicTVMan1981X Second Unit

Benjamin
    If you asked the WAC boys on Facebook, and they actually said of this: "This series is not cleared for release at the present time," then you've got your answer!

That said, I still hope this will be released soon!

~Ben

Regulus and JamesSmith like this.