What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (3 Viewers)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget Wildfire, Wait Till Your Father Comes Home season 2, Harlem Globetrotters, Jennie, Partridge Family 2535, (the last three series have rights issues).

James

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Don't forget Wildfire, Wait Till Your Father Comes Home season 2, Harlem Globetrotters, Jennie, Partridge Family 2535, (the last three series have rights issues).

James
You mean for the last two Jeannie and Partridge Family: 2200 AD, but I believe you'd also expect:
The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (1976-77) with original single-sequence opening and closing titles and the short Dynomutt, Dog Wonder bumper to mark the start of that segment.
The Fonz & the Happy Days Gang (1980-82)
The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show (and Scrappy, Too!) (1980-82) with original 45-second single-sequence closing credits as well as the special half-hour intro.
Laverne & Shirley in the Army (1981-82)
The Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour (1982-83)
The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour (1982-83)

~Ben

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

James
Season 2 and 3 of Wait till your Father Comes Home have serious rights issues, most likely music. Harlem Globetrotters, Jeannie and Partridge Family don't have rights issues they just don't belong to Warner Archive so they can't release them.
Globetrotters belongs to CBS/Paramount
Jeannie and Partridge Family belong to Sony
Those studios don't seem to have any interest in releasing Saturday morning cartoons.

CBS/Paramount also owns Lassies Rescue Rangers, The Happy Days/Laverne and Shirley and Mork and Mindy Cartoons.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
You mean for the last two Jeannie and Partridge Family: 2200 AD, but I believe you'd also expect:
The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (1976-77) with original single-sequence opening and closing titles and the short Dynomutt, Dog Wonder bumper to mark the start of that segment.
The Fonz & the Happy Days Gang (1980-82)
The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show (and Scrappy, Too!) (1980-82) with original 45-second single-sequence closing credits as well as the special half-hour intro.
Laverne & Shirley in the Army (1981-82)
The Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour (1982-83)
The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour (1982-83)

~Ben
and also don't forget:

The New adventures of Gulliver
The Banana Splits Hour
The Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape Show (1975)
Fangface (Ruby Spears)

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
On the subject of another rare 70's entity--Saturday Superstar Movie--there is a Filmation episode-"Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Meet The Groovie Goolies". I'm still wanting that to be put on DVD.
Amidst all the VHS and bootleg copies that have been around --I just saw a broadcast quality print surface (part 1 of it--in German from a German TV broadcast under the name- "Monsterparty Auf Schloss Blutenburg-17. Daffy Duck und das Phantom der Seifenoper" on Dailymotion. Does this mean a broadcast quality copy of this might surface here in the US soon?
And does anyone know where part 2 can be found?

Last edited:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Being the owner of the entire original series (I picked it up when Big Lots had this series, along with lots of other H/B series for three bucks a shot!). :D I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Since it says "Volume One" I presume other "volumes" are in the works. I'll keep my eyes peeled for further releases, and If my calculations are correct The earlier volumes will decrease in price as the other volumes get released. I trust someone will publish reviews on how good these new episodes are, and this will ultimately decide whether or not I will purchase this series. :cool:

rorschach72

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Another slap in the face to those of waiting since 2016 for another classic HB from the 50's - 70's. About 2 dozen shows left to release from this period. This is a definite pass for me.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Hey! I liked the Biscuits. It was just like the Smurfs, and I believe (maybe I'm wrong) one episode was written by a Star Trek veteran.

James

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Being the owner of the entire original series (I picked it up when Big Lots had this series, along with lots of other H/B series for three bucks a shot!). :D I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Since it says "Volume One" I presume other "volumes" are in the works. I'll keep my eyes peeled for further releases, and If my calculations are correct The earlier volumes will decrease in price as the other volumes get released. I trust someone will publish reviews on how good these new episodes are, and this will ultimately decide whether or not I will purchase this series. :cool:

There's supposedly 33 episodes for the first season according to TheTVDB.com...https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=334114&seasonid=727186&lid=7

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
+
There's supposedly 33 episodes for the first season according to TheTVDB.com...https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=334114&seasonid=727186&lid=7

Thanks for the look-ahead. :thumbsup: I wouldn't be surprised if I can get the entire season for $19.99 by years end. :D This is the first show to make my 2018 "Santa List" (which won't be purchased until the following January). :cool: In the meantime I've got some bigger fish to fry! :cheers:

PS I wonder what other shows will make my 2019 January 6 (the 12th day of Christmas - this is when I order the sets on my "Santa List" ( I don't want to hold back cash from my Children's Christmas Charities)), January 27, April 2, April 14, April 22, July 9 and August 19 lists? :laugh:

Last edited:

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Another slap in the face to those of waiting since 2016 for another classic HB from the 50's - 70's. About 2 dozen shows left to release from this period. This is a definite pass for me.

Since 2016 for WAC, but in some cases since 1982 when H-B shows started coming out, one one-hour tape at a time.

Quick Draw McGraw made it to VHS (such as it was) back then, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks