What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (1 Viewer)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
The Banana Splits

i guess this IS possible, but they would be hybrids of the season 1/season 2 footage combined, like the episode on the 1970's H-B volume dvd set, as the original full episodes as aired, no longer exist.

They do exist, in 16mm film. The hybrid versions you mention are video dubs with Season 2 titles and bumpers cut into Season 1 shows. Those versions are one-inch video dubs made from 2-inch Quad. They also have various segments (not entire shows as aired) in 35mm. This is according to the late Earl Kress. If they did new transfers of the 16mm one-hour shows with the Season 2 bits from the Quad tapes as extras, I'd be okay with that.

Tezzer_Badischlivk

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Hello - I'm new here and this is my first post. Literally just signed up to ask if anyone knows whether a Quickdraw Mcgraw complete series DVD is EVER going to happen? I've looked all over the web and found that it's been 'shelved' basically due to issues with the music track and the rendition being poor. However, that was from 2006 if I'm not mistaken. Any info or thoughts would be great. Thanks!

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Hello - I'm new here and this is my first post. Literally just signed up to ask if anyone knows whether a Quickdraw Mcgraw complete series DVD is EVER going to happen? I've looked all over the web and found that it's been 'shelved' basically due to issues with the music track and the rendition being poor. However, that was from 2006 if I'm not mistaken. Any info or thoughts would be great. Thanks!
Not to mention there's very few film labs left here in the USA that some of these restorations would depend on!

~Ben

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
I don’t if many on her are trying the Boomerang streaming service, but I’ve been messing around with it this month and was pleased to find a lot of the older content is provided in HD. Shows like Atom Ant, SD where are you? And more. That was a nice surprise as I’ve been hoping for a Scooby blue ray release. This can tide me over until then. I watched Flintstones meet Rockula and Frankenstone this weekend and it also was HD.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
After watching the 1970s Tom Sawyer, I opened up the New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn this weekend. I'd never seen it before, but my kids loved it. It was a big hit. Here's hoping we get more vintage HB before the end of the year.
They used to mix this and some other cartoons in with reruns of the Banana Splits Hour in the 70's. That is where I originally saw it. It was originally on prime time in 1968. I've always liked it. And yes bring on more classic HB. Its been a very dry year.

Last edited:

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
They used to mix this and some other cartoons in with reruns of the Banana Splits Hour in the 70's. That is where I originally saw it. It was originally on prime time in 1968. I've always like it. And yes bring on more classic HB. Its been a very dry year.
That is how I first saw the series also, the syndicated Banana Splits in the 70s was a lot of fun. It was my introduction to shorts like Secret Squirrel and Squiddly Diddly. I agree with you about this year, I expected a lot more releases given the diamond celebration.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
They used to mix this and some other cartoons in with reruns of the Banana Splits Hour in the 70's. That is where I originally saw it. It was originally on prime time in 1968. I've always liked it. And yes bring on more classic HB. Its been a very dry year.

I was introduced to this show when it was aired on NBC in the late 60s, problem was it ran opposite of Lassie on CBS. Fortunately It was shown once a week as a segment of The Banana Splits and I liked what I saw. Today I have all of the shows I mentioned on DVD.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Speaking of HB releases, I just spotted this information on the TV DVD site as it's being referred to as a Diamond Collection of sorts but it's just the same releases bundled into one lump sum, coming out on 12/12/2017...details and cover art below...http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Flintstones-Hanna-Barbera-Diamond-Collection/23818

HannaBarberaDiamondCollection.jpg

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Will we ever see Jana of the Jungle?
That, plus...
The Huckleberry Hound Show (seasons 2-4, 1959-62)
The Quick Draw McGraw Show (1959-62)
The Hanna-Barbera New Cartoon Show (1962-63)... meaning, Wally Gator, Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har-Har and Touché Turtle and Dum-Dum (the latter most best known as Bill Thompson's only contribution to a Hanna-Barbera cartoon)
The Banana Splits Adventure Hour (1968-70)... season 2, though, has reruns of The Hillbilly Bears included!
The Adventures of Gulliver (1968-69)
The Cattanooga Cats (1969-70)... 1 hour version preferred
The Flintstone Comedy Hour (CBS, 1972-74)... 1 hour version preferred
These Are the Days (1974-75)
The Mumbly Cartoon Show (1976)
Dynomutt, Dog Wonder... meaning with original (pre-1978) opening and closing titles (as last seen on USA Cartoon Express)
Skatebirds (1977)... 1 hour version preferred (meaning we'll have to deal with the chopped-up Clue Club episodes that make up Woofer & Whimper: Dog Detectives)
C.B. Bears (1977-78)... 1 hour version preferred
Yogi's Space Race (1978-79)... 90 minute version preferred
The Flintstone Comedy Show (NBC, 1980-82)... 90 minute version (1 hour for 1981-82 season) preferred
Trollkins (1981-82)

~Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks