What's new

Next Gen XBox (1 Viewer)

Evan M

Second Unit
First Official Info on Next Gen XBox

Nothing terribly interesting, but it is good to know that they will be focused on HD content and HD games out of the system. The rest of that info basically sounds like it's getting geared up to have more ways then ever to get us to pay for DLC. :|

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
The unofficial details have been leaked for a couple of days (thanks to Gamespy.com senior editor Raymond M. Padilla) and the Microsoft site reiterates what seems to be already known.

I seriously hope micro-transactions aren't the wave of the future; it doesn't seem ethically just from a business or gamer standpoint, though I understand the reason(s) for doing so. Development costs are expected to skyrocket with the next-gen systems (some numbers being tossed around are budgets of $20 million, on average, per game, up from $5 million for today's games), and these are likely to be passed onto consumers in the way of higher MSRPs ($60-70 tags for new releases may be the norm). I wonder how J6P will react to these market changes.

I always knew video games were an expensive hobby; reality hasn't hit home until now (especially with a DVD habit to support as well). :frowning:

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Lots of propaganda vs. hard content. Hard to believe that it's on its way already. Seems like yesterday that the Xbox was launched.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks