What's new

Next Best Buy preferred customer weekend? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody know when the next preferred customer weekend is at Best Buy? I'm holding out on buying a digital camera, and I was wondering if it's going to be the 2nd weekend in Feb.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
For the 8 millionth time, how does one get to be a "preferred customer"? Is spending hundreds of dollars yearly there not enough? :angry:

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
I've been on the list forever, but I don't know how or why. I always assumed it was because I had a Best Buy card, but from what I've heard, that's not necessarily a guarantee.

I was with my mom last weekend when she bought a digital camera, and she doesn't receive the coupons, despite having a BB card. The salesperson told her to call Best Buy, and they'll put you on the list. He may or may not have known what he was talking about.

There's a thread several pages long from several people who have a quest to join the list, if you search the forums.

kev

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I have no Best Buy card and I get the coupons :)

(they might have seen how much damn $$$ I spend there... I always use my CC)

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
I just started getting coupons after I got my card. Is it really Feb 14-17. I hope they send coupons in time.
GOod luck :)

Jodee

Screenwriter
The frustrating thing for me is that half the time, I receive the coupons AFTER The weekend is over.

The postal service sucks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The salesperson told her to call Best Buy, and they'll put you on the list. He may or may not have known what he was talking about.
While I can't be sure, I will guess they did not know what they were talking about. If you look at the above thread, you'll see what I mean. Promises unkept.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
We usually get three copies of the coupons. I'm not sure why. Sometimes we only get two copies. We always get one in my name and one in my wife's name. Every other month or so, we also get a copy in my wife's maiden name. I used to have a Best Buy card, but got rid of it when they switched credit companies. AFAIK, my wife has never made a purchase at Best Buy that can be traced separately to her. The only purchases made there with her name attached would be those made with our joint checking account. However, she used to work for Best Buy (under her maiden name), and for the company that used to handle their credit services (under her married name), so I'm assuming that might have something to do with it. Up until about a year ago, my coupons were always delivered to my parents house. I never took any steps to get them switched to my current address, but early last year they started arriving at my home, and not my parents. My wife's have always been delivered to our house, including the ones to her maiden name, which just started showing up within the last year or so.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Got my coupons in the mail today and haven't missed a preferred customer weekend yet! :)

Jeff

Rich Milak

Agent
I'm a former BB employee and yes If you sign up for the BB Card that's how you get them. See if you use there card they make more money, If you use Visa,Mastercard,etc. they have to pay the card co.a percentage. So thats why you get them.So that you will use there card and hopefully don't pay it off in time then they make a whopping 19% interest and get there service plans! They make all there money on MSN, NEtflix, bb cards and service plans. The Mgr. Bonus is directly related to how many PSP's PRP"s they sell some are good some suck, the old ones sold about a year ago are better because if it breaks the plan extends to the new one, now if it breaks you have to buy a new one. TV's for instance use a local repair shop if it sucks your plan sucks. I've had numerous repairs on tv's that left the TV in worse shape then when they came. BB pays a flat service fee to the repair shop no matter how many times it takes to repair it. So good repair shops tend to tell BB to go fly a kite because they can make more money on their own.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Rich, also my older service plan on my RPTV (from Sept. 2000), does not exclude burn-in. I recently went through the langauge in the agreement and there is nothing that specifically or even by inference would seem to exclude coverage of such damage to the CRT's, by normal usage, and watching DVD's in their OAR is normal useage. People say the newer contracts specifically exempt burn-in.

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
I have gotten the coupons late as well. Both times, I have taken them in an politely asked to use them, and they said yes both times. It's worth a try.

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a BB card but I get them. The only reason I think I get them is maybe from store rebates I mailed in. I am not going to complain though, it is nice to get them.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I might start buying a dvd or two on my BB card every other month or so, and pay it off right away. Maybe then I'll get these regularly.

jin-ho

Second Unit
I purchased $$$ worth, but never got the coupons under my full name.

HOWEVER, MY WIFE, AND MY SECOND ACCOUNT WHICH HAS A PSUDO NAME, RECEIVED COUPONS. NEITHER ACCOUNT PURCHASED ANYTHING THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. None of us have a BB card.

So go figure...seems like they select non-active accounts.

BTW, does the 10% off apply to computer systems and notebooks as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks