What's new

Next 4 WALT DISNEY TREASURES sets confirmed! (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Real Name
Patrick McCart
According to Leonard Maltin, the next 4 Walt Disney Treasures sets will be...
The Complete Goofy (already announced)
Mickey Mouse in Black & White (already announced)
Behind The Scenes At Disney Studios
and...
Wartime Cartoons! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
WOW!

Goofy, Mickey in B&W and Wartime cartoons!!

I just hope they make these DVD sets a little less confusing to some people

Ex. Putting some carttons on menus and others as easter eggs.

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
I was watching Der Fuerher's Face last night with some friends, and that one still kills me! I sure hope that is included (so I can get a better copy...)

Somehow, I doubt we'll see Mellerdrama Mickey Or Trader Mickey...

I hope they will continue the uncut theme to this release!

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
What happened to The Scarecrow and True Life adventures?

But I do prefer their replacements.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I PRAY that the Wartime Cartoons are uncut. Even tho promised as uncut and uncensored, the last batch of Treasures were censored and cut.

Andrew

Patrick McCart

Premium
Real Name
Patrick McCart
PRAY that the Wartime Cartoons are uncut. Even tho promised as uncut and uncensored, the last batch of Treasures were censored and cut.
Actually, no.
Three Little Pigs was from the 1940's reissue print (preffered by Walt Disney) and The Skelaton Dance was also taken from a reissue print.
Clock Cleaners has been rumored to be censored, but I didn't hear anything dubbed over or looped. (And I can tell censorship when I see/hear it)
It wouldn't make sense for Disney to edit Clock Cleaners, when they had Pluto's Judgement Day, Woodland Cafe, Who Killed Cock Robin, and The China Plate uncut. That's like making a TV version of Goodfellas by just cutting out the violence. :D

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I wish the feature "Victory through Air Power" would be included in this collection.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
If there is editing in "Clock Cleaners," it is likely the thing described at the end of the article here:
http://www.snopes2.com/disney/films/donald.htm
I'll have to go check my MM in Living Color set & see if that really is what is going on (unless somebody beats me to it).
Looking forward to these new Treasures!! I'll probably get them all except maybe "Behind the Scenes"-- I'll need a little more detail as to what's there first.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I certainly can't wait for these especially as I didn't have the black & white Mickey Mouse laser disc set. There were about 60 b&w MM cartoons so a double disc DVD set will presumably contain about 30 of them. The wartime cartoons sound particularly interesting. Apart from Der Fuehrer's Face, which I've never seen, I hope Education for Death:The Making of a Nazi will be included which, from descriptions I've read, sounds extraordinary. Victory Through Air Power is a fascinating film which I'd also like to see included although I suspect it may be too lengthy for this compilation. I wonder if the numerous Donald Duck cartoons in which he is an army private, and which are rarely if ever shown, will be included.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Douglas, the run time of the Mickey Mouse in Black and White LaserDisc collection was 244 minutes. They shouldn't have any trouble fitting them all on a two DVD set.

-greg

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
CRAP! There goes $80+ in addition to everything else coming out this year.
At least when I read the titles off to my wife she said, "Sounds like we need those." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors