What's new

Newsradio Season 1 and 2 delayed? (1 Viewer)

Scott Rogers

Stunt Coordinator
I was all set to pick this up next week and now according to "Digital Bits" it's been delayed?

What happened here? I thought this was a done deal.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Actually, and quite lucky for us fans, Paul Simms realized Columbia was putting out a DVD (apparently he had not been asked to submit anything foro it) and has stopped it because he wants to add some worthwhile features for the fans on the set.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Yes, as had been discussed in a previous thread, the original was just going to be a barebones release, but then the shows creator jumped in and things are now changing for the better. This is the type of delay I can live with, I can't wait for an announcement of the new street date.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I was quite happy when I heard they delayed it. I spoke to Columbia TriStar at the TV DVD conference and they said the bonus feature was going to be the EPK for the show. I BEGGED them to put some bonus features on it...and then Paul Simms stepped in and made it happen. Paul Simms rocks!

Gord

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I was going to wade in with an 'WHAT, AGAIN !!!' contribution, but am actually pleased that there's a delay if this is the reason. Isn't it great when someone puts themselves out for Joe Public when they don't have to? I can't imagine that putting on extras will help sales that much, but pride in your work is always admirable, and full marks not only to Paul Simms but also to Columbia for giving him the freedom to do this.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I was pissed when it was delayed, then happy because of all the extras we would get...but I am still nervous that it will never see the light of day.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Trust me, we'll see it. I know there are people at Columbia TriStar that are working on the title.

Gord

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
I've always wanted to check out the show. What's the status on the DVDs. Is this still coming in May? If it is, we should be expecting official specs any day now, right?

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing official yet from Columbia, but Amazon continues to show a release date of May 24.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I cannot believe it has almost been a year since its delay and we still have to wait more months.

I will still never believe it until the set is in my hands.

I have not seen this show, my favorite sitcom, in 3 years. My VHS tapes of the entire series were destroyed in a move and it does not air where I live.

They had better get seasons 3 and 4 out quick because then the series is complete to me. I could take or leave season 5.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
What does angelfire have to do with this? What was in the image?

Everytime I see the topic title for this I nearly have a heart attack as I fear further delays. I need this now.

I would love it if they brought this series back, despite the loss of Phil Hartman the cast was great and John Lovitz was not half bad. Due to other engagements though, I would be perfectly happy with a feature film or an animated series.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Are we ever going to get an official confirmation on this release date? It's like 2 months away now and still nothing! The natives are growing restless.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
FINALLY!!!!

This is still in my Amazon shopping cart from the original release preorder...

Order Date: November 16, 2003
Order #: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
Recipient: Kyle McKnight
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: February 10, 2004 - February 12, 2004

* 1 of: Newsradio: The Complete First & Second Seasons
$27.97

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks