What's new

News on the WWE Rise and fall of Extreme Championship Wrestling DVD (1 Viewer)

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
This is so tempting, but I already have 8 (8 @ 20-30 each!) of the old ECW DVDs they produced before they went bankrupt. lol. Haven't watched them in years. Are they even still in print now that they're part of the WWE now?

Although I haven't watched them in a while, they are awesome DVDs. I reccomend them if you can still get them. I'm just not as much into wrestling anymore. Especially after it became a McMahon monopoly...or as I cheesily like to call it...a McNopoly.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Jon, I like those DVDs as well...I'm looking for Path of Distruction. I'm not sure if they're still in print now or not, I know that they can easily be found if one wants them, I recommend Highspots.com because actually if you order this DVD now its only going to cost 18.69, which is a damn good price IMO. They also have some DVDs for under $10.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Looking forward to this set. I have 2 of ECW disks, Path of Destruction and Hardcore History.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
I bought each of these for AT LEAST $20 each, and I have 8 of them. lol. I haven't even watched a few of them. But yea, awesome stuff. Barely Legal is my favorite wrestling PPV of all time. That Lucha match is ridiculous. I'll probably pick this up if I can find it for $20. Two discs and a cool story. It's worth it.

Michael_CPC

Agent
Not a wrestling fan anymore, but the story of ECW is an epic worthy of my collection. I can't wait to get this.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, given that the WWF actually gave ECW money at different times to keep it afloat, and given that ECW never tried to put the WWF out of business the way WCW did, I think its safe to say that the amount of revisionist history will be minimal. Although I don't suspect I'll hear a WWF official say that they got the idea for attitude from ECW.
I wonder what matches will make the cut, probably some Lynn/RVD, maybe some of the Raven/Dreamer feud (mmm, Kmona Wanalaya) ok I'm back...I'll bet Heyman has a large part to play in what matches end up on the disc. They might even put the match that saw WWE wrestler Taz defeat WCW wrestler Mike Awesome, for the ECW heavyweight title.

I am an ECW fan and miss that show very much.I have 4 of their dvds and will definitely want to have this one too. Also,I wish that the WWE would reissue older ECW and WCW videos/ppvs as well.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the WCW or ECW Pay Per Views will see the light of day on DVD. I think that will be a large part of the WWE's video on demand service announced this past week.
I suspect that most DVDs that WWE releases will be newer PPVS, wrestler/group retrospectives, and promotional historical documentaries like this one on ECW.

WWE owns their own footage, NWA/WCW ECW AWA and they might also own or have some rights to smoky mountain wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks