What's new

News on Adire product changes. (1 Viewer)

Andrew S-

Stunt Coordinator
Dan finally released some info on the upcoming changes due to the Chile build house and I thought I would share before anyone got into any new designs...

BryanDO

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet, dual 4 ohm coils, I'll be picking up a couple Shiva's or a Tempest, My amp thanks you!

Not sure if you can answer this but will the build materials be any different? (surround, binding posts, etc...) How bout the physical appearance?

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, talk about revamping the lineup!

I'm looking forward to some pricing info. That Maelstrom line looks oh so tasty...

Andrew S-

Stunt Coordinator
I dont work for Adire just another fellow enthusiast thats been waiting for the change :)

For those that do not know what brought about this change read the following:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/11/prweb173381.htm

They now have their own build complex so I imagine things could only get better as far as appearances and building materials. I would expect only minor changes if any for awhile though. Its better to make baby steps when changing all of your drivers if you ask me.

I am excited about an 18" Tumult though ;)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

Who isn't?

This move looks like a good thing for Adire. I am curious about the new pricing for these new drivers.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
the olny thoughts on 18" Tumult is you need so much power to drive them to x max that is y i went to aa 18.

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
It's good to see some 10" drivers coming out, the market could use some variety there. Hopefully the costs will be competitive. I'd like to see the 10" Shiva around $100.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Lets hope they offer a pre-buy discount again. :)

I wouldn' t mind saving about 40% off a driver or two. The 10" Shiva at $100 sounds about right. Hey, maybe I can guess the ball park prices based off their previous line?

Shiva 10" = $80, 12" = $100, 15" = $125

Tempest 10" = $100, 12" = $125, 15" = $150

Maelstrom 12" = $200 15" = $250 18" = $300

Brahma (cars...)

Tumult = 12" = $450, 15" = $500, 18" = $600

hehe, that wasn't too bad... **REMEMBER, THESE ARE GUESSES, and maybe even some "wishful thinking".

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
From Dan's announcement:
Our search led us to South America; specifically, the country of Chile. Chile is a land with large metal reserves (iron, aluminum, and copper), a growing economy, fully democratic government, educated work force, and most importantly a stable infrastructure.

Full text here - link

-Robert

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Robert:

Thanks for the link. Interesting info. Maybe they are trying to drum up international business (Chile) and they want to make theit country business friendly and affordable. Works for me!

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator
I hope that's Canadian money... [/url]

Yeah, I assume those are "artificially inflated" MSRP's. Either that, or the Chileans workers are making mucho deniro!;)

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator

Page was down yesterday and gone today... hmmm... maybe they were preliminary?

Even though we have no driver specs, I do admit that those prices do they seem pretty high given the going market. Since they've mostly sold direct, MSRP has been their "Retail" price but perhaps they are also establishing a new pricing policy.

I'm curious... and hope Adire manages to maintain the respect they have earned from the DIY community.
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks