What's new

News of Matrix box set (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Just found this at comingsoon.net

'Dimp Paddy' pointed us to the website for Eric Matthies Productions who are currently working on box set of The Matrix trilogy.

We are currently in development on over one dozen hours of new material for this upcoming collectors edition release. This expanded edition of discs will include detailed documentaries on the philosophy and science behind the Matrix scripts as well as a look at the history of action cinema. EMP is also creating a densely layered documentary package estimated at nine total hours using footage that has not been seen in the other Matrix releases

I know I'm gonna buy it.
Jon

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'll probably pick it up too...

...but my Spidey-sense tells me a lot of Matrix bashers are flocking to this thread.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I purchased the first two movies on DVD, but am holding off on the third, choosing instead to purchase this boxed set. Looking forward to it.

Real Name
Anthony
WARNING : MATRIX BASHER IN THE AREA !

"Detailed documentaries on the PHILOSOPHY and SCIENCE behind the Matrix scripts " !!!

GIVE ME A BREAK !!! :D

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I purchased the first but am definitely holding off til the boxset comes out. Glad to hear they are actually making a boxset.

KyleG

Stunt Coordinator
while I hated Revolutions, I can certainly appreciate the action in it...I like Reloaded, unlike so many out there. That said...Anthony, I think it's hard to deny the philosophy that went into the original Matrix. Yeah, it falls flat in the 2nd and 3rd flicks, but it's there in the original. Granted, it has been blown out of proportion by all the fanboys, but...regardless.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I didn't like the 2nd and especially the 3rd of the triology enough to buy any box-set release.

However, an SE of the first one I will definitely pick up when it's out.

Rob T

Screenwriter
:emoji_thumbsup:
I'll be selling the first movie and the revisited documentary disc soon then. :)

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy it if Wachowski's did commentary, but since they wont I'm hoping that they will release a special edition of the first film seperately.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Very Very Very good news. I'll still buy Revolutions to hold me over but then I'll sell all three for the box set. Sounds like they are going all out too.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Beau

Supporting Actor
I HATED the 2nd one, and vowed to never see it again OR the 3rd one. But my sister got free tickets to Revolutions one night, and I didn't have anything better to do and went since it was free, and I ended up liking it almost or even AS much as the first, and I VERY much regret reading it's endings spoliers before seeing it(becasue I never planned to see it) because I ended up liking it very much. I'll hold off on buying Revolutions and wait for the boxset. Hated Reloaded, but hopefully after watching it more along with the other 2, I'll be able to understand it more and enjoy it more.

chris_clem

Second Unit
Crap! I was afraid something like this was going to happen!:angry:

I have the first 2 and am looking forward to getting the third when it comes out but then I'd be looking to miss out on a lot of special features! I hope they sell the extra features disc in that box set separately (ala Revisited) for those of us who bought the discs individually. (I mean, it's not like the movies would be extended editions like the LOTR trilogy so double dipping solely for extras sounds like a rip off to me:frowning: )

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep. While I didn't much care for the sequels, I'd love to have an improved "Matrix" disc. And I would like to pick up Revolutions anyway to complete the set.. but I'd love to do it without double dipping. Maybe I'll just wait on the box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks