What's new

News. News. We need News. (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

We need news TV DVD news. There's got to be someone out there who know of other TV DVD projects coming in 2018?

===James

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Release announcements are usually pretty slow between now and New Year's. And most TV releases don't happen until Q3 or early Q4 as a way to hype the new TV season.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
baby Blues, VR5, The Lost Saucer, Sheriiff Lobo, The Manhunter, Fantastic Journey, Symbiotic Titan, Duck Dodgers season 3, High Chaparal, Farmers Daughter, Governor and JJ., Banana Splits,

James

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Gunsmoke, The Love Boat, Bonanza, Happy Days....

Oddly, CBS has licensed a bunch of later-season, non-remastered HAPPY DAYS episodes to Hulu, including some from the final season, yet their own All Access service doesn’t show them.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Oddly, CBS has licensed a bunch of later-season, non-remastered HAPPY DAYS episodes to Hulu, including some from the final season, yet their own All Access service doesn’t show them.
Are you sure they're not remastered? They looked pretty dadgum good to not be remastered!

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Are you sure they're not remastered? They looked pretty dadgum good to not be remastered!

They didn’t seem as sharp and bright as the early seasons, and there’s nothing in the syndication bible indicating the later seasons were, although they rarely update it anymore.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
They didn’t seem as sharp and bright as the early seasons, and there’s nothing in the syndication bible indicating the later seasons were, although they rarely update it anymore.
Yeah, just like The Beverly Hillbillies season one doesn't show up in the Syndication Bible, but we know it was remastered obviously. I guess part of what led me to believe it was remastered was the fact "most" episodes were full length, and certainly looked better than anything I remember seeing on regular TV.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
I think the reason for the lack of news is that there isn't any.

I collect mainly 50's 60's 70's stuff & 2017 has been pretty disappointing.for me. Back in the golden days I was buying 40 to 50 sets a year, round about one a week.. This year I have bought exactly two.

I don't want to bore everybody with lists tbut could comfortably name 50 series I would purchase if they became available.but I don't expect to see any of them.

I think we have to face the fact that DVD,,particularly for those eras has died the death.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I think we have to face the fact that DVD,,particularly for those eras has died the death.

So the way I read this is that if it's not current, it's not going to sell or even be put out? That's how I take what you're saying.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I think the reason for the lack of news is that there isn't any.

I collect mainly 50's 60's 70's stuff & 2017 has been pretty disappointing.for me. Back in the golden days I was buying 40 to 50 sets a year, round about one a week.. This year I have bought exactly two.

I don't want to bore everybody with lists tbut could comfortably name 50 series I would purchase if they became available.but I don't expect to see any of them.

I hope not. We have gotten about 20 old shows last year, including Coronet Blue, It's About Time, and other assorted odds and ends. We must keep hoping.

James

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Maybe CBS will license to Shout. Gunsmoke, Bonanza, High Chaparral, Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction and My Three Sons all seem like great fits for Shout.

Lets hope it is ShoutFactory and not MillCreek or VEI.

If MilCreek or VEI get their paws on these shows, most likely it will be "garbage in, garbage out" or worse.

Pathfiner

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
The fact is as time goes by and more older people DIE the interest in old shows, b/w shows, and anything not of today is deemed less and less important

after all how 'cost effective' is it...? and money, money, money is ALL that matters now

who could possibly want to watch older shows, well made, well acted , well written and directed memorable TV shows when you can have 'modern' TV of today's quality ??

Reality shows, cookery shows, talent shows, celeb shows about 'Trophy Housewives of here, there, everywhere....', keeping up with the Kardassians, or those mega fast paced shows about one dimensional characters foiling sex pervert cases left, right, and center...

there's just 'no demand' for anything not of today - fact

all those who think otherwise clearly don't understand the thinking of modern TV execs - who are always right of course...

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The fact is as time goes by and more older people DIE the interest in old shows, b/w shows, and anything not of today is deemed less and less important

after all how 'cost effective' is it...? and money, money, money is ALL that matters now

who could possibly want to watch older shows, well made, well acted , well written and directed memorable TV shows when you can have 'modern' TV of today's quality ??

Reality shows, cookery shows, talent shows, celeb shows about 'Trophy Housewives of here, there, everywhere....', keeping up with the Kardassians, or those mega fast paced shows about one dimensional characters foiling sex pervert cases left, right, and center...

all those who think otherwise clearly don't understand the thinking of modern TV execs - who are always right of course...

Not just normal television shows, but sports-- some would say, for instance, that if you're not seeing today's 500-channel NFL with graphics all over the screen to choke a horse, then you're not a football fan; I call shenanigans on that (that does not mean that I'm against those who enjoy NFL coverage [or any sports coverage] the way it is now).

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

Even some of today's shows aren't always a sure thing, insofar as physical media releases are concerned.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks