What's new

!!!! NEWS FLASH !!!! Warner to release SOUTH PARK in SEASON SETS (1 Viewer)

Jack_F

Stunt Coordinator
Any word yet if these will be censored or uncensored?

It would be great if they were uncensored...

(bump)

-Jack

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I want to know a couple of things, which others mentioned
way back on page one:
Will the Season 1 set contain The Spirit of Christmas?
If not, anyone know where I can download it?
Thanks!
Mark

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a link, but I read an interview awhile back that basically said these sets will never contain those early shows (sprit, jesus vs frosty, jesus vs santa).....probably mostly because of rights or something...

Lafe F

Second Unit
It's good that WB is finally releasing season sets, but a bit sad that it'll be the same set of episodes that we've had on DVD r1 for years. I've watched my volumes 1-6 episodes extensively before selling them, and am wanting fresh stories. I haven't bothered to catch the episodes airing on TV, because I'm usually doing something else on Friday nights, and hate setting my VCR.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
We just got word about South Park: The First Season and the commentary tracks that were previously announced. Looks like, from what we're being told, that the commentaries are on a separate CD that is not included with the DVD set and is only available through Comedy Central.
Take that for what you will. Obviously review copies have gone out, so we should get confirmation soon when reviews start going up at various web sites. Also, according to the same person in a post later in the thread, the Matt & Trey episode intros that were on the original DVDs, and announced for this set, are not on the set. As soon as I get a confirmation on this stuff being true, my pre-order is canceled. The commentaries were what enticed me to get this set. Now I have no reason to.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=246291

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I am going to pick up this collection. I no longer watch South Park but I love the first several seasons. I will pick up the first season of South Park (IMO, this are & still are the best episodes)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

Sorry, I never considered themed sets "Volumes" from the collection. In addition, if you start counting the theme collection like Chef- there are several more (Ghouls, Ghosts and Underpants Gnomes, Insults to Injuries, Timmy, Winter Wonderland)

So if you want to start counting theme sets, there were 12 volumes, although only the first 6 were numbered and these were the only ones I considered part of the VOLUME sets.

-V

James Reader

Screenwriter
3-Disc Box Set; Irreverent Audio Commentary For All Thirteen Episodes From "South Park" Creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone; 2 Christmas Music Videos That Haven't Been Unwrapped Since Their Original Airing In 1997: Cartman - "O Holy Night" & Ned - "O Little Town of Bethlehem"; Jay Leno's South Park Guest Appearance As Formerly Seen Only On "The Tonight Show"; Priceless On-Camera Intros To All Thirteen Episodes From Parker and Stone; TV Special: The original on-air promos for the show's debut - relive the insanity that made South Park an instant hit

and they're normally pretty good with updating specification changes.

I suspect that Comedy Central may be packing a unique, exclusive CD with the set, but I doubt it is the commentaries.

[*] Of course they could be using MP3's, but that would limit the their use even more...

Craig_T

Second Unit
This thing is coming out a little over 2 weeks from now. I can't believe that someone hasn't gotten a hold of an early/review copy yet...

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Unless, of course, this is a joke. It IS Comedy Central, after all.

And, no, The Chef Experience and Christmas in South Park don't have introductions. I own them.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
Whoever heard of a commentary track on a separate CD? Someone is either joking or totally misinterpreting a rumor.

The only way this could be true is if they're not screen-specific commentaries but mere sound bytes of the show's creators discussing each episode in turn. And if it really is just *one* CD, that averages out to a maximum of about 6 minutes of commentary for each episode.

Haden

Supporting Actor
If this is true, then I'm really pissed. I dont want to have to order an exclusive CD of commentaries seperately through Comedy Central. No doubt they'd charge quite a bit for it too, plus shipping. It's almost like buying another DVD.

However, I'd gladly do this for several Criterion laserdisc commentaries that we'll never get on DVD. Criterion is missing a great opportunity there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks