What's new

News about future Batman animated DVD's. (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
how come they used the Batman & Robin intro on a bunch of the episodes on the last 2 discs?
they couldn't find any prints with the B: TAS intro?

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
Most people want episodes as they originally aired and those episodes first aired with the B&R intro. They did it for accuracy. If they had wanted to use the B:TAS intro they could have easily taken it from the other episodes.

Would you not have wanted the B&R intro on the set? It's part of the show's history.

Rob T

Screenwriter

It's definitely nice to have it. I'm not saying that it isn't.
Some of the other B&R episodes have the B:TAS intro on it though, like House & Garden.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Anyone else seen the TV commercials for Vol 4?

If so.... why the heck are they showing clips of "The Batman" interspersed with clips from the Vol 4 set? I think I counted 4 separate and very obvious clips. One were The Batman flies toward the screen, one with the new Batmobile, another were The Batman is fighting the new Joker, and another were The Batman in silouette is putting on the cowl.

Not that I'm looking to sue or anything but wouldn't this constitue false advertisement?

Chris S.

John*D

Second Unit
Haven't seen them...

Are you sure they didn't just try to cross promote the current show and the Gotham Knights DVDs?

Maybe just a screwup.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cross promotion because thats what I thought at first. I'll see if I can find a link to it somewhere online.

Chris S.

John*D

Second Unit
I was on that site before and only looked at the opening credits video and saw the 2 episode clips...

I didn't even notice the photo gallery, but looking at it closely you can see it's way crazy. Who chose those photos and do they even know the difference. Yikes.

Hah. As long as the Vol 4 DVDs don't have a "the Batman" episode instead of what's suppose to be there, it's ok.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Am I wrong to remember this, but did'nt these Gotham Knights ep as part of the "New Superman Batman Adventures"? I guess because they omit the superman segments they just used the old opening titles. I've have'nt seen many of these eps because they moved from Fox to the WB but the animation style is definately cheaper, the stories a tad bit more juvenile than the Batman TAS series.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

According to the review I posted, it appears that there's an option on the DVDs of using either the B:TAS opening or the TNBSA opening.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I've been having problems with pixelation and pausing with the last three episodes on the first disc by the 5 minute point. Anyone else having this problem or do I have a defective copy?

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Our copy played fine; afraid you may have a defective pressing. (I had a major glitch on two copies of one of the "Batman Beyond" single disc releases; plays fine on my computer's drive but pixilates & freezes on my main player. Grudgingly kept the second copy.)

Hope you can get a good one; we're enjoying these shows.

Far as I can tell, you get a choice in toggling "Batman-TAS" or "New Batman-Superman Adventures" openings only when you choose "play all" on that disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks