Newly updated PSB Image line coming soon. Take a look.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Chris PC, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

New look of PSB Image speaker line.

http://www.psbspeakers.com/s/ImageSeries.html

Not sure if its simply a colour, design change and perhaps, noticing their absence, a dropping of the 3LR and the 7PT. The driver/cabinet configurations look pretty much the same. I wonder if anything will be different. Good speaker line. The fact that they are sticking with pretty much the same design tells me that they were successful. Thats cool. I like mine.

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

PSB appears to be adding add specs. Looks interesting. Almost the same, or very similar design. Identical driver/cabinet configuration, but the woofers and tweeters may be different. Specs show increased efficiency and deeper bass response for the 3 tower speakers, and slightly deeper bass for the two bookshelf speakers and the smaller center channel. The larger center channel is pretty much the same as the older. Who knows if they actually are more sensitive or go deeper in real world circumstances, but it would be nice. Maybe the specs are typos as the site appears to be under construction.

Anybody know why the PSB center with the 6.5" woofers is the only 8 ohm PSB image speaker?

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Anybody know when these will be out? I should check with Lenbrook out of curiosity.

4. Robert Fellows

Robert Fellows Stunt Coordinator

This should mean good discounts on the previous line.

5. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Ummm, 6 ohms? Who is their market in a world of 8 ohm receivers?

6. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

I sell PSB and the new Image Line is an "upgrade" from the previous line...and they are available right now! They upgraded basically EVERYTHING except the cabinet design (well, they are offering new cabinets in the way of maple)...new drivers, crossover, etc...the new Image Line has deeper bass extension accross all their models and have a wider dispersion (soundstage) as well.

The old line "may" be discounted...but since the new line carries a higher price, in a sense they are discounted already! LOL...seriously though...folks may look to move the old line to make room.

Hope that helps you folks! Have a great one!

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John

Ummm, they will still work with any decent 8 Ohm receiver. There are a number of 6- and 4 Ohm speakers on the market.

8. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I've been running my 6 ohm PSB's with my older 8 ohm receiver for years, as well as with my newer yammy 4/8 ohm receiver.

9. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

6 ohms isn't a problem. First of all, you want to use a decent amplifier/receiver with these speakers anyways, so if it can't handle 4-5 ohm minimum and 6 ohm average, its probably not worth powering the speakers with that amplifier anyways. I've used Marantz receivers with my PSB's and never had problems.

I'd love to upgrade my speakers, as I crave every last hz of low end bass and every SPL of added efficiency. I won't upgrade unless its a reasonable cost for me. Perhaps in the future.

I live a few KM's from Lenbrook. I'm tempted to ask them if they'd give me a good deal on a trade.

10. John_Cols

John_Cols Auditioning

Not to familar with PSB speakers but I see a dealer here in AZ. How are their prices? Interested in hearing them but the drive to the dealer who does carry them is a road trip and I don't want to make the trip just to find out they are out of my range.

11. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

Hi John! Prices start around $200/pair and go up from there depending on which model/speaker you're interested in...they are a great bang for your buck speaker. Do a search at Ecoustics.com and you'll find many reviews stating just that! [​IMG]

12. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I love mine [​IMG]