NEWLINE's friendly approach to parents...or something else?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by YANG, Dec 14, 2001.

1. YANG

YANG Second Unit

I received my copy of RUSH HOUR 2 in a red keepcase,it looks cool and creative.Suddenly it make me wonder,when most kid flicks are released with white keepcase,is there any meaning to red?

Is NEWLINE trying to imply to parents that RUSH HOUR 2 contains too much martial arts violence that will be unsuitable to children and parents have to take serious consideration before showing them the feature?

Or NEWLINE is trying to imply that this film is filled with lots of chinese characters?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Relax. They were probably just looking for something that stands out.
    INetDVD even advertises these as "Rush Hour 2" cases, but mentions "Michael Jordan: To The Max" as well. Check it out:
    http://www.inetdvd.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=4828
    Was there a sinister reason that Something Wicked This Way Comes was in a gold case? How about The AllNighter in a blue case? Grinch in puke green? Don't sweat it!

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

"The Black Hole" came in a red case.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Hey! I forgot about that one! Thanks, Jesse!!

5. Phong

Phong Agent

Region 2 "La Fille Sur Le Pont" comes in a clear case. Don't even want to know what that implies...

Although it is really cool, because the chapter list is printed on the backside of the cover insert, so it shows through when you open the case.

6. Joey B

Joey B Stunt Coordinator

Aren't you the guy who asked if Forrest Gump being released in a white case implied that it was a childrens movie?[​IMG]

7. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Actually, clear Amarays are fairly popular in European R2 - most of Fox UK's output comes in them, among other releases.

8. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

Pioneer Animation and Central Park Media both use almost all clear keepcases at this point. The nice thing with Pioneer is that they use the reverse side for an alternate cover. CPM tends to use the back side in black and white and use it for what would normally go on an insert such as actor listings and chapter stops.

9. Todd Phillips

Todd Phillips Second Unit

I think it means that they secretly like strawberry milk ("no chocolate milk here, please!")
    [​IMG]