What's new

Newest Sneak Peek! (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Regardless of Ron's reviewing history, the fact that he really hated TPM yet loved AOTC gives merit to the idea that the film is actually going to be good....I hope it is, I couldn't stand another failure (which is what I saw TPM as) :frowning:.
-Tom

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Ron P,

After ROn's Epstein's Review of AOTC(assuming you read it) are you still going to wait for AOTC to come out on DVD? I mean come on. With all the positive reviews, this movie is begging for you to see it on THE big screen. Have you changed your mind? Just curious.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
My sentiments are very much like Seth's. The fact that, like me, Ron thought TPM was poor (giving him immeasurably more credibility than any of the fanboys in my eyes), but liked AOTC is quite promising. Sounds like George really is capable of listening (at least somewhat) after all.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
That was an awesome review ...
I'm really pumped to see this bad boy now!!
Oh, and ...
Thank goodness Star Wars is back!!!

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
The question I'm sure all fanboys want to know from Ron, which is a more entertaining film, Lord of the Rings, FOTR, or Episode II - Attack of the Clones?
Both got 5 out of 5.. :)
Having seen LOTR 4 times, I can imagine that I will see AOTC more based on what I'm hearing !!

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not the dreaded LOTR versus Star Wars.
hehehe, I ask because I know it will come anyway, plus I'd like to get his opinion. I just read his other reviews as well that I hadn't read, he gave Potter a 5/5 as well. So perhaps he could rank them for us in his opinion as a filmgoing/amateur critic :)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Well, I said that I did not watch much of the supplements :D Thanks for bringing me up to speed guys. But you can really tell that the actors were not playing off of each other all the time. It apparent that sometimes there were groups of people used who were not on the set at the same time.. you can just tell.
Anyway, that is the second review that has been overwhelmingly in favor of Episode 2 that I have read.
Can't wait to see it in DLP. :emoji_thumbsup:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I also like some of the reasons that Ron liked AOTC more. That did more for me than just "it's good".

I do think Lucas listened to the fanboys for the better. Fans shouldn't make a film, so to speak, but certainly writers have editors look over the stuff and point out flaws or ways in which the latest work suffers in comparison to previous work.

In this case there were plenty of competent fans who all expressed similar problems with the film. I think it was smart to at least (apparently) listen to them a bit and consider their opinions, it could be that they see something you don't in those situations.

Having JJ cut back and made more important/competent is big for one. Bringing the target age group up a little bit is another thing. For the film to have mass appeal you should have it hitting an average age just a bit higher than what TPM often played to. Kids should be able to enjoy it, but should never have been the TARGET audience.

There's a difference between family films and kids films - think Toy Story versus Pokemon for example.

I just can't wait to see Obi saying "Good job" to Anakin's rescue effort. I hope the film has lots of these moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks