What's new

Newest Sneak Peek! (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Duh, Guys! We all know that Ron is going to be reviewing J.Lo's new conquest of the silver screen in "Enough."
As a Jennifer-Lopez-the-actress fan I feel I should point out that "J-Lo" is not an actress and does not make movies. "J-Lo" is a singer (well...) and releases (for want of a better word) albums.

Jennifer Lopez the actress is not J-Lo and J-Lo is not Jennifer Lopez the actress. Got it?

In other words, Jennifer Lopez is a very very talented actress and has appeared in several excellent movies, and has brightened up and made better by her presence other not-so-excellent movies.

I can't stand her "J-Lo" persona, mainly because that kind of "music" gives me the screaming creepy willies, but also because people judge her as an actress by that persona before they've even seen the films. Blah!

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Vickie:
As a Jennifer-Lopez-the-actress fan I feel I should point out that "J-Lo" is not an actress and does not make movies. "J-Lo" is a singer (well...) and releases (for want of a better word) albums.
Jennifer Lopez the actress is not J-Lo and J-Lo is not Jennifer Lopez the actress. Got it?
Really? Then riddle me this ad currently on Corona's Coming Attractions home page:
Link Removed

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if it was AOTC as I know Lucasfilm and Fox are trying to get the word out that AOTC is a better film than the first. Harry Knowles has been quoted all over as saying E2 is so good it makes him reevaluate the first one. I had considerred this a possibility when I saw E1 for the first time, that elements that weren't important in the first would resonate through the others. We'll see...

I look forward to this week's review. No matter what it is.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't be surprised if it was AOTC as I know Lucasfilm and Fox are trying to get the word out that AOTC is a better film than the first. Harry Knowles has been quoted all over as saying E2 is so good it makes him reevaluate the first one. I had considerred this a possibility when I saw E1 for the first time, that elements that weren't important in the first would resonate through the others. We'll see...

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Out of Sight said:
Right, and it says "Jennifer Lopez Enough" not "J-Lo Enough"
She uses her full name whenever she is acting, and her nickname (that fans gave her, not that she gave herself) when she's singing.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
I will be seeing an advanced screening of Episode II Tomorrow May 2nd at the Pacific Place Cinemas at 10:00am.

Usually during these screenings you are told verbally that you can't discuss with anyone about the movie or post at any Internet chat room. Depending on what I see on the net and if they forget to tell us about this golden rule I will post what I think of the movie.

Chris

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Right, and it says "Jennifer Lopez Enough" not "J-Lo Enough"
I think he was referring to the fact that she's Jennifer Lopez at the top of the ad, then J.Lo at the bottom. Seems to be a conflicting crossing of her "personalities," especially since the movie likely contains her music as well.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Fair enough Vickie. I've yet to see it, so I'll give it a rental.
Peace Out~:D

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
For what its worth Out of Sight is one of my favorite films of the 90's.

I can't wait to read Ron's review for AOTC, and for us peons May 16th seems so far away.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
does Midnight Thursday mean just over 5 hours from now or just over 29 hours from now?
(always confused on that point, midnight Thursday to me means the first tick of the clock, 12:00am on Thursday May 2nd, which would be directly after 11:59pm today, Wednesday...)
:D
Paul

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
does Midnight Thursday mean just over 5 hours from now or just over 29 hours from now?
That's what I would like to know too. If it's Midnight tonight I'll try to stay up(I'm dyin' to read some AOTC reviews); if it's Tommorow night I won't be able to stay up. I need to keep my wits for SPIDEY on Friday! :D

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
If anyone is looking for an AOTC review, check out Ain't it Cool News, Knowles has had a review up for a few weeks.

I'm not sure if it is the actual release print but it will give you a good idea.

I think it will be better than Phantom Menace, but for once I'm not anticipating a Star Wars movie, give me Spidey anyday.

Doug

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The review I am posting goes up Thursday night,

midnight EST at the LATEST.

Since it is a little after 5am EST now that

puts it less than 19 hours away.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
The review I am posting goes up Thursday night,
midnight EST at the LATEST.
Since it is a little after 5am EST now that
puts it less than 19 hours away.
Thanks for the clarification. Just a friendly note to let you know that you definition of midnight is wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks