What's new

Newest refugee from AR. (1 Viewer)

After 18 months at my once venerable board, things have slipped mercilessly into chaos and disrepair. I can't stands no more. After lurking here for 12 months I figured I'd see if there wasn't some derivation of my name (Jim Clark) that wasn't already taken. Well it took some doing but here I am. For the record, I'm currently using what most easily categorize as mid-fi Denon/Klipsch equipment. It impresses me and my family and that is all I'm really after.
My first official question pertains to the Everest Cable company. They have recently drawn near completion of laying fiber around my city in KC. To be honest their package of phone/internet/cable TV service is quite appealing when compared to what we are paying for less options and features from SW Bell and Time Warner Cable. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this company? How do they do in terms of broadcast picture and sound quality? I realize that satellite is superior, but for the cost savings, I'm going to try to research this option.
Gabba Gabba Hey
Jim Clark

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome JC,
yet another AR
alien.gif

You may want to post your message in the DBS and Satellite Dish Area as well. From my short time here i've learnt that the other forums here have very knowledgable participants.
Home Theater Hardware is mostly filled with lemmings like us..
laugh.gif

P.S. ..liked Miracle Mile! :)

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
Jim, glad to hear from a fellow Lenexan. I personally haven't heard when Everest is going live. I think it will be a good thing, because Time Warner is such a waste. However, I have talked to the people at Everest, and it sounds like a good idea.
Guess I won't get to experience Everest for a while since the wife and I are moving to Spring Hill.
~J

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Jim,
I agree, AR is a zoo. I moonlight on this site from time to time just to get away.
Anyway, about your queston, I have no answer. However, it seems that digital cable is lacking. Sure, there are more channels, but the sound and pic quality cannot compete with satellite. Just my opinion.
(Chuckster)
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List

David_LM

Stunt Coordinator
What took you so long to come over here. I left that site for good six months ago. The site seemed to go steadily downhill over the past year. What you have over there are five or six members giving the same biased reponse to the same questions over and over. The site never seems to evolve. At the other end of the spectrum are a few goofballs just playing around over there (trolling, flame baiting, etc).
To top it off, the site has almost no administration. It loads too slow, is designed and organized poorly, not enough monitoring and policing. This is really too bad because 18 months ago I partially based my HT system purchase on research on that site. I currently spend zero time at that site. 70% of my HT time is now spent at HTF, 20% at DBSForums and the remaining 10% at DVD Talk, DVD File, AVS and AA.

I'm a slow learner. Well, it's pretty clear, nobody knows anything about Everest. I'm gonna try it anyway, for the money it's too good a deal to pass up and I know it is going to be an improvement over what I have now.
Could someone please tell me what DBS is and why my post was moved here. The forum description makes no reference to cable TV unless this DBS covers it. For the record, nobody in Kansas calls cable DBS.
Regards,
Jim Clark

David_LM

Stunt Coordinator
Direct Broadcast Satellite. You are right in that there does not seem to be section at this site to discuss cable TV. I would think that it would safe to discuss DIGITAL cable in the DBS section however. "Regular Cable" has become a bad word at most HT sites. You would probably have more luck at DBSForums.com but I doubt it.

Thank you, I would have guessed Digital Broadcast Satellite. At any rate it seems an inappropriate place for this question, which is what I figured. I'm sure there must have been some reason that it was moved here.
Gabba Hey
Jim Clark

Welcome Jim. I'm new to the forum too. Try finding a username for Mike Smith that hasn't been taken! I lived in Lenexa for 10 years, now live in Iowa. My bro is head of the KC Spirit Festival. I switched from our crappy cable company up here to DBS--now I'll be able to watch the Elvisless Chiefs. The picture is a LOT better. mike
------------------
Consuming air and other valuable resources since 1953.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks