1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Newest Panasonic 42" Plasma.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc K, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Marc K

Marc K Auditioning

I am ready to buy a new Panasonic 42" plasma. I went to my local high end panasonic dealer. I asked for the "TH-42PWD4U". He had no record of it. He called Panasonic
    while I waited. They stated that this was he commercial model. That's fine, from the reviews I have seen, apparently it is equivalent to the retail version "PT-42PD2-P". However, more importantly, Panasonic stated that those were, "last years models". I have seen the TH-42PWD4U refered to as "new" numerous times at numerous sites on the web. The Panasonic rep stated that the new (retail) model is the PT-42PD3-T and that it would be available in Sept for a list price of $7000 (that dealer said he would sell it for $5,700). What is the truth? How come I haven't seen this model mentioned here or elsewhere? Can someone clear this up for me? I am anxious to buy. Thanks.
    Marc
    ------------------

2. Dave Weida

Dave Weida Extra

3. KeithR

KeithR Second Unit

Marc, Email me as I am buying one as well. I can share dealer info...and very good pricing.