newer to HT need help assembling system

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas M.B., Jul 10, 2002.

1. Thomas M.B.

Thomas M.B. Auditioning

Ok so I've just started to get into HT and here's what I currently have. AR ps2262 towers for fronts, a diy peerless center channel, and craptacular sony bookshelf surrounds. Technics sa-dx1050 dts reciever, panasonic dvd-rv31. My center and rear are running off of the technics and my mains are running off a sanyo plus series amp. So here's what I want to do, I'd like to use just a processor run into integrated amps. I plan on keeping the sanyo, despite the name it's a decent amp, and dvd but I need another 2 channel amp for surrounds (I've got the center covered)and processor. Can a processor sound bad even though it's digital? I was thinking about klipsch's new processor, relatively cheap. Also anyone know of any decent amps (new or used) for around or under 200. Please ANY information, comments on current equipment or leads to good processors or amps are GREATLY apprecieated. Sorry for such a long post and so many questions but I l can't get enough of audio knowledge.[​IMG]

2. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit