Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JudiB, Dec 25, 2001.

1. JudiB

JudiB Auditioning

I am am total neophyte to home theater. I am not sure whether to get a plasma system or a front projection system for my media room. My budget is a max of 20K. What about the new Cineza (Sony)? Would this be a good solution? I appreciate any advice from the forum. Thanks![​IMG]

2. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Well, I would more equate Plasma and Rear Projection on a size scale. FP, is larger, much larger imagery. A lot would depend on the size of your room. Budget wise, you could about do what you want to with 20K. Just keep in mind, the lesser expensive projector you get, could mean image compromises when compared to say a Pioneer Elite HDTV. Plasma, you pay more for what you get, but technology has improved here.

Additionally, many more installation and setup issues and costs with FP as well as maintenance costs over the long run, just food for thought. Not trying to deter you from it, just calling attention to it.

Lastly, you have to make your mind up whether visuals or audio is your most important area. For some, nothing but FP will do. But for others of us, audio is a more important consideration with high end audio components. Best of both? Practically double your budget, IMO.

Lex