What's new

Newbie with a setup question (1 Viewer)

ugaz71

Auditioning
Real Name
john b
Ok so last night I saw my friends new system and he had BIC RTR http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B00009WBYI/ref=aw_d_cr_electronics?qid=1354468334&sr=8-1 a pair being pushed by a Sony str520 amp. It sounded awesome. Is this amp something you would use to push them? I think I am going to do the same setup unless anyone has any other recommendations. I am just looking for loud good sound and it fit pretty well. Open to any suggestions. Thanks

ugaz71

Auditioning
Real Name
john b
Sorry I didn't word that the way I wanted. I meant is this amp ok or should I use a PA system amp? I am very new to this please bear with me. Trying to do my research on this in the meantime

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
A standard amp/receiver is the right driver for those speakers. The Sony is fine.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
To put it another way: how "loud" a system gets is much more a function of the efficiency of the speakers than of the wattage of the receiver/amp behind them.

If you have efficient speakers like those BICs, then it really doesn't matter what you have powering them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks