Newbie Widescreen Question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Viktor A Lundberg, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Viktor A Lundberg

Viktor A Lundberg Auditioning

Hello all!
    I just started getting interested in building my first home theater setup and I need some advice in regards to which widescreen TV to get. I'm still in college so my top price for a tv will be $1700-2000.
    Is there any decent product for me out there at this price and if so, which one?
    I thank you all in advance [​IMG]
    Viktor A Lundberg

2. Alan Wild

Alan Wild Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased a Mitsubishi WT46807 right in the middle of that price range. It's certainly worth considering.
    A TV isn't something I would buy online so I would visit your local retailers and see what's available.
    -Alan

3. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

You should have posted this to the HDTV section, but welcome to the forum anyway! [​IMG]
    You could probably find a good deal on the Toshiba 40" 40H80 or 56" 56H80 on-line. The 56" may be just over your $2,000 limit nowadays.
    I'm not sure what price Toshiba's new 42H81 and 57H81 models will be going for or when exactly they will be out.
    How big do you want it? The bigger the RPTV the heavier and more cumbersome it's going to get, obviously. The 56" is a couple hundred pounds.
    Dan