Newbie: Which widescreen TV to buy

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dan*C, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Dan*C

Dan*C Auditioning

I posted this in another section but didn't get much response. Now that high definition is FINALLY beginning to be available I'm considering making the plunge into the widescreen high def TV market. It's kind of confusing though. DLP,LCD,RPTV,CRT, Plasma, damn I can barely keep track of all the acronyms.[​IMG] I can afford to buy something nice, up to $5000, but don't mind spending less if I can get quality and wait for the newer formats to come down in price. I have been impressed with the picture on the Sony Grand Wega LCD's and a couple of DLP's I've seen. My wife would like to keep from taking up the entire living room if possible so I'm leaning towards one of those.I'd like to hear from you experts on the pros and cons of the different TV formats.

Thanks!

2. Robert Wainwright

Robert Wainwright Stunt Coordinator

Samsung DLP is nice as far space is concerned. Looks fantastic when calibrated. Vibrant colors. Make sure you look at the "N" series.

Pioneer Elite RPTV has the best stretch mode and is great out of the box. The optional matching component rack is nice. Even with the 53", space might be tight.