What's new

Newbie to HT with some questions (1 Viewer)

Shawn*M

Grip
I'm putting together my first system and I think I'm going to go with JBL e100 for fronts, ec35 center, and e10 for surrounds. The problem I have is I don't know what sub I should go with. I have $500 max for the sub. I was thinking about going with a SVS pb 10 but I don't know if that would be enough for my living room. My room is about 19x23x11. I emailed SVS and they suggested that I go with a pb 12 isd 2. However that is over my budget. I was thinking about going ahead and getting the pb 10 for now and then later when I can afford it, getting another one to compliment it. What do you guys think? I am open to any suggestions. Oh, and one more thing, probably going to go with the pioneer 1014 as well.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Shawn:

Can you squeeze another $49 out of that budget? If so, I'd go with the PCi 25-31. If not, I think you'd have a hard time finding a better sub than the PB-10 in that price range.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I agree. Definitely drop the extra $49 IF you really think the pb10 will not fill your room. Truth is, that if the pb10 won't fill your room, no sub under $500 will (except for maybe do-it-yourself subs if you don't include any cost for your time).

Shawn*M

Grip
I could squeeze out another $49 but it's not going to happen due to the WAF. She has already seen the cylinder subs and doesn't like the "water heater" look. Thinks they are butt ugly. She wants something that will kind of blend in with our furniture. If I do end up getting the pb 10, I will get it in the tan color. I was curious, is anybody else running a pb 10 in a room the size of mine or close to it's size? If so, does it fill the room? Would like to know how it performs in a room that size.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Oh, NO......the dreaded WAF.......I don't know if you can see me, but I'm performing the sign of the cross in your direction :) (just kiddin :) )

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
19x20, open to the kitchen with vaulted ceiling. PB-10 does a very respectable job for the price. It will not give you as much authority as the PB12, but it should do the trick unless you are looking for a lot of rumble down low.

RyanJE

Second Unit
Also check out parts express. They have some decent DIY kits for under 500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks