What's new

Newbie: Sony KP46WT500 & Avia (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I'm rather new to the whole hometheater thing so forgive me if any questions are obviously stupid or easily answered by searching (I did quite a bit of searching but it's possible that I don't know what to search for to get the desired results). I've read quite a few of the posts here about this set as well as a fair bit of information available around the net and I still have a few questions about tweaking the set/using some of the features, and using some of the more advanced features in avia.

1)I have a thread here: /htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154813 where I posted a few questions about the widescreen modes for this set (posting it here b/c I assume it will get noticed a bit more in a thread about this set vs. the thread about progressive scan)

2)How do I use the more advanced Avia test patterns to calibrate this set - I didn't notice any instructions/what to look for/what to change in those tests

3)owners of this set - what are the tweaks you have found to be most helpful in getting the best pq out of this set/anything that you have found to be helpful knowing about this set in general

4)Has anyone found a way so that the guide mode switches audio to the highlighed channel when passing the sets audio to a receiver? (currently I only get audio on the channel I was viewing when I pressed guide, unless I turn the tv's speakers back on and don't pass the audio to my receiver)

5)Thanks much for any and all input!!

ok, figured out part of the problem, I was using widescreen zoom. I thought that the wide zoom mode was only supposed to stretch the edges of the image on the horizontal axis rather then zoom in on the whole image? I played around with some more of the image settings but still couldn't find one that pulls off that feature (I could swear that when I got the set in that's what it was doing to 4x3 material). Input from other owners still appreciated for tweaks/anything else I should know about this set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks