NewBie Question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aron, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Aron

Aron Extra

I just got a Marantz SR-7200 with a set of Energy Encores...Now my question is should I run the Front Speakers to the Subwoofer than to the Reciever, or directly to the Reciever and use a RCA cable for the Subwoofer...Or should I do both...route the Front Speakers to the Subwoofer and also use a RCA cable for the subwoofer?

Thanks

2. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

Hi Aron,
    I suggest running all your speakers directly into the SR7200, and a cable into your sub. IMO it's always best to use the least amount of speaker cable as possible.[​IMG]
    L

3. Steve_Ma

Steve_Ma Second Unit

I agree with Luis. Make sure you set your speakers to small and sub = yes. Also, crank the sub's low-pass filter to the max setting to get it "out of the way."

--Steve

4. Aron

Aron Extra

What's the Low Pass Filter....Is it on the Sub or Reciever Side? I also have a LPF dial on the Encore Sub...what is that and how should I set it?

Thanks

5. Steve_Ma

Steve_Ma Second Unit

The low pass filter should be on the sub. It's probably the dial marked "LFP." It's an external x-over of sorts. If your speakers are set to small an sub = yes in the receiver, your rec will already be doing the x-over duty and you don't want the one on the sub. Crank it to the max setting to get it out of the way.

--Steve