What's new

NewBie Question... (1 Viewer)

Aron

Grip
I just got a Marantz SR-7200 with a set of Energy Encores...Now my question is should I run the Front Speakers to the Subwoofer than to the Reciever, or directly to the Reciever and use a RCA cable for the Subwoofer...Or should I do both...route the Front Speakers to the Subwoofer and also use a RCA cable for the subwoofer?

Thanks

Luis A

Second Unit
Hi Aron,
I suggest running all your speakers directly into the SR7200, and a cable into your sub. IMO it's always best to use the least amount of speaker cable as possible.:)
L

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
I agree with Luis. Make sure you set your speakers to small and sub = yes. Also, crank the sub's low-pass filter to the max setting to get it "out of the way."

--Steve

Aron

Grip
What's the Low Pass Filter....Is it on the Sub or Reciever Side? I also have a LPF dial on the Encore Sub...what is that and how should I set it?

Thanks

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
The low pass filter should be on the sub. It's probably the dial marked "LFP." It's an external x-over of sorts. If your speakers are set to small an sub = yes in the receiver, your rec will already be doing the x-over duty and you don't want the one on the sub. Crank it to the max setting to get it out of the way.

--Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks