Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Marshall A, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Marshall A

Marshall A Auditioning

I'm trying to find a decent wireless ( rear speakers ) system with a decent dvd recorder and I'm not finding what I want in a pre-packaged box. This seems to be the best combo I've found to put together:

Sony DAV-FR10W wireless Home Theater system
    Panasonic DMR-E55K DVD recorder

Would these components be compatible..??

Any input would be greatly appreciated...??

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Marshall: Ask this question (about a complete system) here in A/V Sources. The Home Theater Basics magazine area is for discussing stories and reviews that appear in the magazine. Thank you. JB

3. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Marshall, from reading the specs on the Sony website to the system you mentioned, the only thing I can note is that the specs don't specify what kind of inputs the system has. All it says is 1 digital audio input and 2 video signal inputs. You will be able to hook up the recorder to the inputs, both audio and video, but since the specs don't specify if the video inputs are S-video or component, I would assume they would be composite only. If you are willing to settle for video from a composite source going into the Sony unit then yes, it will work. I don't know of any HTiB systems that come with a DVD recorder. The Sony you mention comes with a 5 disc DVD changer and is a pretty nice unit, especially considering that it has SACD playback. My brother has the non-wireless speaker version of this unit and it sounds and looks great. The only issue I have with it is that it has limited expandability.