What's new

Newbie question about reciver/speaker connection (1 Viewer)

roger sandifer

Auditioning
I just received my new receiver (JVC RX-DP20VBK)and I was reading about connecting the speakers and ran into a problem. It says that when connecting to both front 1 and front 2, use speakers with 8 ohm to 16 ohm impedance. When connecting to either front 1 or front 2 use speakers with 4 ohm to 16 ohm impedance. I have a pair of Infinity SM-102 speakers rated for an 8 ohm impedance. Does this mean that I will only be able to hook up my speakers if I go out and buy another pair to hook to the front 2? or when it says 4 to 16 ohms, does that mean 4 through 16? and a 8 ohm speaker would work only using the front 1 terminals. Thanks for your help

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
My JVC has a switch on the back for 4 ohm or 8 ohm...........If your has the switch, make sure it's set right, for the speakers you're using............
Very nice receiver............welcome to the JVC family of users. I think you'll be very happy with it. You'll be wondering why more people don't recommend them on the forums. They offer so many more features, inputs and ease of use, for the money. Many people will not give JVC the credit they deserve. When you've used it awhile, you'll see what I mean, and why I recommend them every chance I get.
Good luck, and give us a review of how you like it..........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks