What's new

Newbie question about receiver... (1 Viewer)

Neil_R

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil
Hello:
Would anyone on the board happen to know what the "D. Range Comp." setting means on the Sony STR-DE935 receiver? What should it be set at? Thanks!

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
This is used with the reciever's night mode to reduce dynamic range so that you can listen at an overall lower volume level and still hear everything. It only works with Dolby digital - it doesn't work with DTS. Typically it is set to MAX.

Mark

Neil_R

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil
So, if I'm watching a movie and am not using the "night mode" feature on my receiver, I should just set the "D. Range Comp." setting to the off position? Thanks.

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
So, if I'm watching a movie and am not using the "night mode" feature on my receiver, I should just set the "D. Range Comp." setting to the off position? Thanks.
As long has you don't have night mode turned on the D. Range comp isn't active so it doesn't matter what you have it set to. When you turn night mode on the DRC feature is activated and the DRC setting determines how strongly the dynamic range is compressed.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks