What's new

Newbie question about JBL Cinema ProPack 600-Z (1 Viewer)

JohnHock

Auditioning
I'm curious as to whether anyone can give me a recommedation about this system. It seems that this may be a decent thing to start out with and slowly replace components along the way with higher-end stuff. You can get these on eBay relatively cheap. Worth it? Or not?

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Hey!

JBL is a good brand, but if you could swing it, I would strongly suggest you get the "NSP-1" Package from JBL and then add a subwoofer. The NSP-1 has been available on line for around $210 or so, and the improvement in quality of speakers is dramatic. With the NSP-1 you get 5 real speakers each with a woofer and a tweeter (the center channel has 2 woofers and a tweeter.) I'm going from memory, but I believe the ProPack 600 is a micro satellite/ sub system.

You could couple that with a good but inexpensive sub (say a Sony WM-40 for around $199)and have a setup that you will be pleased with and not want to "trade-in" 6 months down the road. You might also keep an eye on Ebay for a good used sub.

Bill S.

JohnHock

Auditioning
Thanks for the info, Bill. Reading the boards here, I've heard a lot of good things about the NSP-1 package. I'm considering going that route. I'm wondering, though, if anyone has any experience specifically with the ProPack. I hear bad things about HTiB, so I'd like to get some idea of what this system is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks