Newbie question about JBL Cinema ProPack 600-Z

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnHock, Oct 30, 2002.

1. JohnHock

JohnHock Auditioning

I'm curious as to whether anyone can give me a recommedation about this system. It seems that this may be a decent thing to start out with and slowly replace components along the way with higher-end stuff. You can get these on eBay relatively cheap. Worth it? Or not?

2. Bill Street

Bill Street Stunt Coordinator

Hey!

JBL is a good brand, but if you could swing it, I would strongly suggest you get the "NSP-1" Package from JBL and then add a subwoofer. The NSP-1 has been available on line for around $210 or so, and the improvement in quality of speakers is dramatic. With the NSP-1 you get 5 real speakers each with a woofer and a tweeter (the center channel has 2 woofers and a tweeter.) I'm going from memory, but I believe the ProPack 600 is a micro satellite/ sub system.

You could couple that with a good but inexpensive sub (say a Sony WM-40 for around $199)and have a setup that you will be pleased with and not want to "trade-in" 6 months down the road. You might also keep an eye on Ebay for a good used sub.

Bill S.

3. JohnHock

JohnHock Auditioning

Thanks for the info, Bill. Reading the boards here, I've heard a lot of good things about the NSP-1 package. I'm considering going that route. I'm wondering, though, if anyone has any experience specifically with the ProPack. I hear bad things about HTiB, so I'd like to get some idea of what this system is like.