What's new

newbie/new system (1 Viewer)

ronaldJ

Auditioning
Hello all. This is my first post as a new member.I'm beginning research for a new a/v/system. My receiver is so old, it doesn't even have a center channel output (Pioneer vsx 9300). The last time I bought a/v gear was 20 yrs ago. Auditioning speakers right now. Have listened to B&W 703's, Boston VR3's, and Paradigm studio 100's. I've ruled out the Bostons; Paradigm seem to have a bit more clarity, the B&W better imaging. My local dealer says if I'm thinking of spending a bit more cash, he's going to be getting in a pair of Revel F-32's. Not much info or reviews on Revel Performa series. Anyone out there heard this speaker yet?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
The revels are very solid speakers, though you're entering a pricerange there where there are a lot of excellent speakers in that range. Paradigm Signature, Dynadio, etc come to mind. It really comes down to taste, so do liberal amounts of carefu listening to really get a feel for what you like. Revels are very solid, textbook high-quality speakers. Can't really go too wrong with the brands mentioned here, though taste matters so listen carefully and widely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks