Newbie needs your assistance

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Lonny, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Lonny

Lonny Auditioning

Hello there

First of all you got a great board so well done.

Now to my problem, I live in Israel, I got a medium budget and a small living room, I'm looking to buy a set of speakers - and a receiver.

Now I need you to recommend some company names and models - I am a newbie... so don't need something that would cost $10K, however I want a good sound from my CDs and DVDs... SO recommend some companies and let me know which ones I should avoid common mistakes etc.

Thanks looking forward hearing from you.

2. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

Well if ten thousand is out of the question, what is "in" the question. You can get an excellent receiver and set of speakers for around 2000, or even less. Also, what set-up would you like, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1? Let us know and We'll help you out!

Mike

3. Lonny

Lonny Auditioning

As I said 5.1 6.1 doesn't mean anything to me... [​IMG]

Well I'd say that 1K for the speakers, and not sure rgarding the receiver.... it's a small living room but I still want to hear all those little sounds I can't get from my mini kenwood stereo system..

4. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

Okay no problem. 5.1 or x.1 just referrs to how many speakers, followed by how many subwoofers. The 3 main ones these days are 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1. Currently, dvd's are largely released in 5.1, a select few in 6.1, and none in 7.1. I would only recomend 6.1 and 7.1 to people with a semi-large room, so 5.1 will be perfect for you.

Does anyone have suggestions for a smaller room? I only know info for large rooms, as my set-up is for a large room at home. Thanks

Mike