What's new

Newbie Needs Receiver Suggestion Denon 3805? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Walden

Auditioning
I had originally posted this in another forum but it was suggested I break it up into the individual forums.

I'm replacing an all-in-one system. I have about $2500 for budget.

For speaker possibilities I have picked out either the Fluance SX-HTB/SVS 25-31PCi combo or a Rocket by Onix Extremely Luscious Theater (ELT).

I would most likely also get a Denon 1910 DVD player, a Denon DP-29F turntable and maybe a Denon DCM-280 CD changer (I may get talked out of this.)

Our room is about 15X20 at max. We listen to all kinds of music from Classical to Heavy Metal.

For a receiver I have thought about the Denon 3805. I'm trying to stick with a budget so would like a receiver that is $1000 or less. Any suggestions?

Also my girlfriend would like to down the road attach some kind on additional sound capability to hear music throughout the house. This would be in additonal to the Speakers mentioned above. Can the Denon 3805 handle both? Not play them at the same time but have both sets of sound hooked up? Does this question make sense?

I greatly thank you for any help.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think the 3805 is a great choice, but your funds would be seriously mismatched putting a $1K receiver (msrp) with $300 speakers from Fluance. The ELT package would be a much better choice, and would likley work well with the 3805. If you are considering the ELT, you might want to see what receivers they offer with the ELT bundle.

Patrick Walden

Auditioning
I willing to move the speakers up in grade to what ever would work well with the Denon 3805. I just don't know what that would be. Or step down to a Denon 2805 but I can gt a Denon 3805 for $699 refurb and a Denon 2805 refrub for $622. Not much price difference.

Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The ELT bundle includes the receiver with all the speakers for $1350. I'd email them to find out what receiver it is (for legal reasons, they cannot advertise the receiver brand name).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks